Thursday 23 July 2015

Core Training!

Hello blog lovers.

Well, I know I should be resting, but I promise I did take things very gentle indeed.  I just had to do something, sitting around, on my chair is become all to easy!  I don't want to get to the stage where I find going out to be a chore.

I am really getting down about these aches in my shins.  Not knowing what the problem is and trying to self diagnose is not good.  I will be looking for a physiotherapist to try and help me figure it all out!  So in the meantime, with no diagnosis I am just continuing to do what I can, keeping my cycling as fun still, rather than a work out!  All though those hills are a workout of course.

Core training is obviously just that, getting this core of mine taught, like a washboard, strong!  I can dream!  But I do know that if I have a strong core it will help with my running and my cycling!  I really got to work as hard as I can!  The school holidays are playing havoc on my exercise regime.

Just before the holidays I decided to do some core training at home. Get home from a school run, work out for an hour and then get on with the day.  I think psychologically I must have chosen that day knowing that I couldn't continue it for a few weeks!  Lazy!

So, the running sections of todays session, which was led by the lovely DiscoRich, was taken at a very leisurely pace indeed, not even breaking into a sweat.  I didn't even run as far as the rest of them, I was just there keeping my muscles warm, and making sure they don't forget whose boss!

The disciplines we did I tried my very hardest to execute them properly and to keep up with everyone.  Everyone that is except Veeral.  The man is a machine!   He is fast, he is fit, and he seems to do the disciplines at double time!  I did find the side plank a little difficult, and I blame my thighs!  Although my hips were off the floor, and I tried my hardes to keep just to points of contact with the floor, arm and foot, my thighs are not made of muscle, they are made of fat, and all fat wants to is, have contact with with......something, whether its a chair, a bed or flat out on a field in my local park!

I think there may have been 2 or three centimetres between my thighs and the ground!  It's a gap, you can pass a fishing line under and I can only hope that soon, very soon it will be slightly thicker fishing line that can go under!

After that we did our favourite paarloofs or relays.  Both me and Hannah were surplus to requirements and so we became additions No.1's and No.3s.  At least I can run at my own pace and not leave anyone waiting for me to hand over the baton!  We were doing that for 15 minutes!  I was running along with Hollie, a young lady some where in between the age of 18 - 30 (according to her students) is just getting back to her former fitness level.  She has done brilliantly losing loads of weight and exercising frequently.  She was running faster than me as I was just taking it easy!  But we had a great time!  We didn't hold anyone up too long!

Well, I survived todays Thursday core sesh, my shins don't seem to be complaining anymore than they did before I had begun.  Maybe my self diagnosis is wrong, and they is something else that is causing these aches!  I hope so!  I can already feel the fat cells ganging up on me on the inside!  Couch potato is calling in all the favours to try and win the day!  But I WILL NOT LET IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment