Thursday 16 July 2015

My Own Colour Run!

Hello blog lovers.

It's Thursday and it's probably the last Thursday that I can run at 09:30 until September when the kids go back to school!  I am planning on doing something with the kids, instead of my running, but mainly I will be the one with the whistle!

My colour run, and no, it's not that I left a red sock in my washing machine and turned all my whites pink, it's me getting arty farty and looking at the colours on my run today.  As you can probably guess, I am running solo again.  DiscoRich's group is still going strong, and again there was the invite to run along behind them....way behind them, and this time I wasn't tempted, not when D.R. mentioned a huge hill!

My run took me through my beloved woods. it wasn't a nice bright day, the sky was a non discript white/grey and I was missing the sunshine.  But no matter what the weather, running is running and I just love it! I went in through Poo Ally and turned left.  I thought I might as well get in a long hill as DiscoRich and his crew will be attacking a huge one somewhere!  My hill was Botany Bay Lane, all the way up to the very top!

I know in the winter running through the woods, all there is to see are the bare branches of the trees, a few evergreens trying to look as bright as they can in the almost sepia colour of the woods. But now at least I have the greens to look at.  And there are quite a number of different greens.

I ran along to the bridges that go over the rail lines and I stopped and smiled, now there is some colour!  Some gorgeous flowers just growing there, looking their best, doing their job of attracting bees and insects.  I stopped and  took a photo, this is going to be my very own Colour Run.  I decided that I would take pictures of anything that looked pretty and colourful.

pinks!

Ok, so the sheep in this picture are not colourful, but by the way they were all tucked under the shade of the tree, did then no something, were they expecting rain or even sunshine?
Hiding!

Just then on the opposite side I saw two parakeets on the ground, I tried my hardest to get my phone to start working before they flew off. Just as I was about to take the picture of the pretty green parakeets a black crow flew towards them and scared them off, you can just see the bird in this picture!

There he is, flying!


I continued up the hill to the very top, and thats my hill training done!  I took a picture to show off!  Well, it was going to be a selfie but I didn't want to bend down!  There were quite a few female solo runners about this morning, and we all were smiley, and even had some breathless good mornings!  I was glad that I was actually running whenever I met up with them.
I hadn't really seen any other flowers, I was beginning to think that maybe all the colours had finished.  But as I was running along the road, creeping over the garden wall was some beautiful pink flowers.

More pinks

Ok, it's cheating when they have been planted, but they had to have been grown in the wild first for man to have picked up on it, right?  I crossed over the road and ran into Scadbury, just the edge of it.  I noticed a sign that I hadn't really taken any notice of before, Holwood House.  I decided to just go and have a look.  It was a house!  A very nice large house that is obviously now some very nice flats or apartments, or whatever we call them these days!

I turned back and continued on my way through Scadbury.  All the different colour of greens were all around, I just wished I had a good camera to try and capture all of it.  I did try! Here look

Some greens.

Running down Orpington Road (I always thought it was Chislehurst road) I saw a tree in a garden, with red leaves!  Of course I had to get that as well!

Reds!


Just as I had finished taking the picture I saw Moy!  The only other female solo runner that I happened to see today was a PWR and I was stopped, taking pictures!  Typical!  But we did have a little chat, she is back to running again which is great news!

I crossed over the road and continued on my way through Petts Wood, running down along the rail line.s  I saw another lady, one of the dog walkers, but we had actually met before on a bike run, with the Panagua Ladies!  Small world!

With just the little bit of road work to do after leaving Poo Ally I ran along to Crossways, turned the corner and saw some yellow flowers!  Something I missed on the way into the woods, I obviously was colour blind then!

Yellows

And then getting home and looking outside my patio windows there was more colour!  You gotta love summer, even if the sky is not blue!

On my Patio


Geeky stats.

Petts Wood and Knoll Ward Running by moosh001 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment