Tuesday 14 July 2015

Yay! Group 1

Hello blog lovers.

I'm back in group 1! And I loved it!  Can't tell you how much I have missed running with the group.  I turned up at the rec at 7 to see if any group 0's will be there.  My regular group 0's had told me that they were not going this evening, and some had even said they are are going back to group 1, but a couple of other people were talking about coming along.  So I turned up and waited.

When there was a no show I just sat in the car and had quiet time, was a great time to say some prayers and then I scrolled through FaceBook like you do!  Some inspiring stories recently, and one in particular from one of our own PWR lady member, Pherenice Worsey-Buck.  It wasn't a wasted hour, as I enjoyed just doing that.

It was good being among my friends again, and also there were some new people too!  Illustrious Leader was our....well.  illustrious leader, and our route today was through the Cinder Path.  The rain had just started to fall, it was a warm evening and the rain was a welcome relief, although a little more of it would be good!

The rain fell ever so softly down, like a fine mist, it wasn't enough to 'clear the air'.  We we watch as group 2 left the rec and we followed closely behind.  I was behind, sweeper position of course, I didn't think I would be up there in the front ranks.  And besides, some of my best running buddies were at the back, after doing a couple of weeks running in group 0.

My ankle was still a little sore from Friday nights shenanigans, it's amazing that a couple of pints of lager and a childrens play park can bring the 'child from within yourself' out into the open! For those that know me, you may have seen evidence of said 'play time' on my FaceBook page!  So my ankle was complaining a little, but like any other runner world wide, I ignored the little niggle around the bony joint and just ran through it!

Although we at the back were ....at the back.....we didn't do too bad.  It's always a challenge to keep up and I know I need to have that little bit of push to be able to go further again.  Not necessarily faster!  Once at the other end of the Cinder Path we had another little break.  There is the little loop to do.  No one wanted to wait behind today, but also Auriol and I decided we didn't want to run as fast as the main group, so we decided that we would go in the opposite direction and then run back with them when we meet up, which probably wouldn't be as far as they had run.

After that we headed down Crofton, yes, that's right DOWN Crofton Road. Still running at the back but I at last started to get into the run!  It' took all that time but my breathing was more relaxed and even the little niggle around my ankle seemed to ok, it just felt nice and warm!  I was getting a twinge, a spasm type shooting ache in my back.  No idea what it was, it could be that it's been a while since I have done running, and my muscles are just getting used to moving about again.

We ran down until we got to the little bridge, just down from the Off License and had another little break.  The next and the last mile is virtually all that is left to do.  Once we got on to Tudor Way, Illustrious Leader said that we could go at our own pace all the way to the rec.

I didn't think I had any sprint in my legs, but there it was!  Illustrious Leader had taken up the position of sweeper and then I passed a couple of my running buddies and crossed over the road.  I looked towards the sign that points to the rec, fixed my gaze on the road ahead and just ran.  I didn't ran particularly fast, just faster than what I had been doing in the last couple of weeks!  I past a coupe of other group 1's and then saw one my in front of me.

I fixed my gaze on her.  I had convinced myself not to totally go all out, just keep the pace that I was at and try and catch her up.  I was getting nearer and nearer and so was the signpost!  Will I have enough time to catch her up.  I really wanted to go a bit faster but I just disciplined myself to just stay at the pace i was at!  Just a few more feet and.........darn it "I nearly caught up with you" I said to her as we slowed down to walking pace, "If I had known I would have ran faster" she said!  "Which is why I said nothing!" I replied!

I led the warm down stretches once we were all in the rec.  A great run today, and so glad to be back with group 1.  My shins, although a slight discomfort, nothing like it was a few weeks back!  So I am back!

Geeky stats!

Petts Wood and Knoll Ward Running by moosh001 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment