Tuesday 4 August 2015

Club Tuesdays

Hello blog lovers

So, Tuesday, it's been a while since I did both group 0 and group 1, (the whole of group 1).  So today was the day to step up, well it is move up Tuesday this week.

So my move up is going to be running a complete group 1 after doing a back to normal group 0.  A back to normal group 0 is a 2.5 mile route through the woods instead of the 3 Miles I have been doing!  J.J. And Janet came along to group 0 today to run along with Wendimoo, but then Wendimoo couldn't make it along.  Kim also came along, so a nice little group to go through the woods with.

Botany Bay was our route today, in through Dog Poo ally, and then turned left.  I actually like this route, its a bit more interesting than doing the right hand side of the woods.  Kim has been on holiday for a week and also had things to do last week, so she has had a bit of a break.

I said to her it was good that she was back here with us, it's all too easy to let things slide after a few weeks. Then it gets to a whole month gone past and before you know it you're back at square -2!  I know it was like that with me!  Not only did I go back to square 1 I totally went past that and put on extra weight, extra couch potato cuddle bumps around me!

And that is what I a feeling at the moment.  My weight has slowly crept up, so much so that I am hating the scales!  I am having to go on a diet! (again)  Small portions, no booze during the week, chocolate I am having to go cold turkey on!  And that's quite hard!  The kids I have all through the week come with their packed lunch which includes chocolate!!  I sit their watching them with my limp sandwich, or my nuked rice dish under 300 cals lunch pot!

Anyway, back to running.  Botany Bay Lane stretch out before us.  The nice down hill followed by the up hill at the other end!  Everybody did really well.  J.J. and Janet flew up there none stop, and Kim ran most of it, really trying hard!  Pushing herself to do as much as she could!  We took a break at the lovely National Trust house before finishing the rest of the hill to the paths on the right!

It was flat after that, well, when I say flat, there was just a couple more tiny hills before we got to the middle path.  But when we got to the middle path I said, "Ok, now it's all down hill, all the way to Dog Poo Ally, so we can run it non stop to the bottom"  And guess what? We all ran the rest of the way!

Getting back into the park for our stretches, and 2.48 miles done!  Lovely.

Geeky stats.



Group 1 this evening was let by Illustrious Leader, and our route was 'The Cocktail route'.  A route so called because during the midsummer run parts of the woods was transformed into the Petts Wood Runners cocktail bar in the woods!  And I am so sorry I missed out on is........well not really as I was having a great time in Gran Caneria!

But would you believe this route goes in through Dog Poo ally, turns left and up Botany Bay Lane!  Oh well, It's a challenge!  But this time round though, we are going straight up past the paths on the right, right up to the road and along to the pub!  Is this where we will get our cocktails?  Unfortunately no, not this time!  Also our PWR Cocktail bar was open for one night only!

When we got to the pub we turned right and ran towards to the main road but we didn't cross it, we turned right again to go down the private estate with the lovely house that inspired my 'romantic novel' run!  A great house!

We went back into the woods, it was dusk now, I can't believe the light has started to fade, our running through the woods in the evening is coming to the end far to quickly!  We ran down towards the rail lines, using the much open and lighter path, one that we use on our October 10k route, but fortunately we were running down it!

We went over the little bridge and had another little catch up, and just a general discussion about which path to take and we then carried on towards the rail lines!  We soon came to the National Trust memorial stone and then finished our run along the middle path all the way down to Dog Poo ally.

A brilliant run and I am glad I managed to stay the whole way and not have any problems.  Ok so there was a slight ache in my shins when I first started running, but it soon went the more I ran along!  So I am hoping that what even is going on with my old pins that is nothing serious!

Greek stats!

No comments:

Post a Comment