Tuesday 29 September 2015

A Much Needed Gentle One

Hello blog lovers.

It's group 0 time.  I do enjoy these sessions.  It gives me a chance to asses myself as well as to encourage others.  I am learning to listen to myself as I encourage the group members.  Which is why I was only going to do group 0 again this evening, and maybe next week I will stay and enjoy group 1 after.

I sent out my email a little later that usual, and I knew who wasn't coming along.  But I also knew that sometimes there can be newbies that turn up, so I was I will always make my way there.  There was only Kim that was waiting for me, and I was so pleased to see her.  She hasn't been for a while, due to this and that, but hopefully now she is on the up!

The route I was taking is just one of the usual winter routes, up Hazelmere, along Great Thrift and Woodside to the memorial hall where we take our first stop.  Then right turn to go over the walking bridge and then run down the High Street.  Its the short route of our winter runs, but I think it was just what both Kim and I needed.

We only started to use the lamppost to lamppost method when we got on to the other side of the rail way lines along Tudor Way and was running towards the Daylight Inn.  Not bad running for someone who has had a few weeks off!  I think Kim even surprised her self!

By the time we got to running back down Woodside on the way back to the rec, the lampposts were becoming very helpful indeed.  Kim was choosing which lamppost that she was going to run to the only thing I said to her is if she ran past one then she wasn't allowed to walk until she got to the next lamppost.  It worked really well.  When we was near Crossways our goal was to not stop running until we get to the sign directing to the rec.  Easy peasy, in fact she almost flew passed it!

No geeky stats really, as I had only started my Garmin after we set off, probably somewhere down Great Thrift, but the satellites didn't find us anyway.  My guess is we took about 37 ish minutes to do the winter route no.2.

The main groups were all assembling as we were doing our stretches Diane came over to me and loaned me her DVD, it's a pilates dvd, I am still suffering a bit with my back although todays session didn't seem to bad.  PhysioMike also saw me and gave me some advice as well. I know he has told me before, as well, but I guess 50 odd years of doing something one way is hard to change, but I will try.  I have to try and stand straight!  My mother was always telling me to stand up straight, and not slouch, but I think I slouch and stick my belly out, arse out and shoulders rounded as well!  I shall leave you with that though!




No comments:

Post a Comment