Thursday 24 September 2015

Almost Didn't Make it!

Hello blog lovers.

Almost didn't make it out running! This morning when the Old Boy woke me up and asked me "Are you really going running in that?" and he opened the windows to show me what it was like out there!  The wind was bending the top of the tree, the rain was coming down, I really wasn't 'feeling it' after I saw that!  I sent a message to my clubs face book page, saying that "If there is no other group 1 running this morning, then I would go from my house, when the rain stopped?"  I really wasn't expecting anyone to say they would be turning up!

But of course, Ishouldn't do, not my club, I underestimated PWR members! They are made of strong stuff, "Oh that's good, do you still meet at the rec like Tuesdays?" came the answer from Diane.  Of course I had to say "yes, see you there."  I just snuggled down, just for a little bit more, into my duvet, wishing that maybe I shouldn't have even looked at facebook let alone posted anything.

I eventually got up and got myself ready for the run.  I was pleased to see that the rain had actually stopped and the wind seemed to have died down too.  "Oh that's brilliant" I said out loud, as now it's just me in the house!  I went outside to get my bike from the shed, the Old Boy still has my car, and then made sure I had everything I needed for todays run.

I decided that I would wear my bike rain jacket, It just looked like it could pour down again at any minute, and I do hate getting wet!  When it was time to go I rode on to the rec and went in through the Towncourt gate.  I looked over and saw quite a few pink shirts, followed by DiscoRich coming through the other gate on his bike, and Ralph joined afterwards, running all the way!

I joined the throng of keen runners and we chatted for a few moments, decided which route we would all be doing and then we left.  My route was taking us up to top of Crofton Road and back again, taking in Place Farm estates.  I felt sure the woods would be just too yucky to go through.  As soon as we started running, I could feel that little niggle in my back start up, just a few more minutes and the tightening began again, with that ache that makes you want to stop breathing!

I am so going to have to seek advice about this, I feel a chat with PhysioMike coming on!  So we, that is just me and Diane, as the others were running with DiscoRich, walked and ran all the way around my planned route with me saying "so sorry for walking" but she was just fine about it.  She wanted a a nice slow run anyway, and besides, in PWR, our motto is "Everyone is a runner, just some run faster than others!

I started to feel really glad that I had came out today and so was Diane.  It has definitely made me realise that I do need to ask for some advice and Diane was pleased to be out, because just sitting in doors thinking about doing housework just in it's self brings on a huge case of tedium and possible lethargy, in worse case scenario lazyitus! And we know where that can lead us, yup right back to couch potato!

It was a great run, we chatted, we discussed, we moaned and we laughed but most of all we ran, well, all the while my lazyitus was under control, and my breathing, and my sore legs, and back and.....I think I deffo need to lose weight too!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment