Wednesday 2 September 2015

Club Runs

Hello blog lovers.

Sorry yesterdays blog is happening today!  I was way to uncomfortable yesterday!

Group Zero to Hero!

Well, it was a bit hit a miss for me getting to the rec on time yesterday! But I got there with just a few seconds to spare.  I knew there wasn't going to be the usual crowd as Kim wasn't going to make it, Janet was away, and I hadn't heard from J.J. or Wendimoo.  But being as it was move up week then maybe Wendimoo will be going then.

But I did have two more newbies.  One lady had already been along in group 1 before, but had let things lapse and also another lady, now I will try to remember their names, I think it was Biata and Sara!  But I have a lousy memory for names!

The route I had planned was up Hazelmere and along the undulations towards Petts Wood. Over the walking bridge and then through the High Street to Tudor way and then under the bridge first left to run all the way through the station square and then back the same way we just did!  It's a good little route, it has the undulations that is necessary to build stamina, but not too steep to put anyone off running.

Jo was also with us as well, she is quite able to do group 1 but the lure of 7 o'clock start keeps her coming along.  We all did pretty well, it was nice a easy run and the two new girls were chatting away and enjoying it, feeling no pressure at all.  Biata I think will be coming back to group 0 next week, she is recovering from injury so a few weeks running in group 0 to help with stamina and also tons of encouragement will so see her into group 1.  Where as Sara I think will be trying group 1.  She wants the extra bit of push that will come with doing a longer and slightly faster run.

A great run yesterday, and I think we will have two more new members of PWR fairly soon!
No geeky stats as my straps broken, so I actually forgot to pick it up when I left!

Group 1

Illustrious Leader is back from her travels, and she was took the lead yesterday.  She also done a nice and easy route, virtually flat as well.  Something I had actually hoped for, especially in move up week..  In group zero today my knee had just a little niggle.  My shins seemed to have 'cured' themselves at the moment, so maybe my self diagnosis of shinsplints was a little premature.  But the niggle in the knee is an old one that keeps coming back and going.  I think maybe is the extra weight that I have put on, extra weight but doing more miles than I use to when I weighed this much!

I knew I would be at the back so of course I volunteered as sweeper!  Kathy also kept me company.  She was one of my group Zero to Hero members! I am so glad that group 0 exists, it's just the little stepping stone that people need. Whether they are coming back from injury and just need some confidence building and encouragement, or whether it's to help them with stamina and speed to step up to the next group!

I.L.'s group is the one going through Place Farm estates.  I like this route, it is perfect for 'the movers' from group 0 to group 1, but unfortunately there were none yesterday!  Next month maybe.  I kept up with the group for a while, but I did begin to struggle, even before we got the first mile in!  I didn't know if actually I.L. was feeling totally refreshed from her holiday or I really was way off pace myself.  

With not having my garmin I had no idea of the pace, and just put it down to the fact that I really am just under the weather, a tad overweight (no sniggering now!) plus my mileage on my running has fallen quite a bit over the six weeks holidays as well!

I felt I was playing catch up the whole time and I was really beating myself up about it too, Until that is, Kathy told me that I shouldn't!  Of course I shouldn't!  That is what I tell everyone that I encourage!  At least we are running faster and further than those sat on their sofas watch celbrity big brother rubbish!  

It is going to take time for me to build up my stamina and fitness levels.  I need to be able to push myself, but I will do that when I run solos, or Parkruns.  Club runs are there for encouragement, for help, advice, for keeping up with your running.  With the occasional bit of pushing yourself or each other to get up hills, to run that little bit faster, maybe do the extra loops that sometimes appear in our routes!

Playing catch up all the time was playing on me though, maybe I was running stressed, or maybe I need new shoes, or to run slightly differently (I've been looking through the Internet for answers, never a good idea really!) but I had to try to find out why my back started hurting.  Its a mid back pain mainly on the left side.

It was with me when we was up the top of Crofton Road, but when I was running down Beaumont Road it really started to hurt.  Every step seemed to take my breath away!  Oh breathing could also be a contributing factor as well!  So holding my breath while I try to run through it was not good!

I walked the rest of the way, and even that I could feel my back hurting with every step!  It is an ache I have had before, but yesterday evening was just way more!  Maybe a massage, or some sort of therapy, or maybe even just some guidance on my running will help.  I think I will be ordering some new shoes though!

It was a great run though, pity I didn't manage to run the whole way!  But still, I will try again next week! Whats a little ache between me and fitness!  I stopped off at my car to collect some chocolate and chocolate medals to give to the mums of the children that attended the first of the PWR Summer Kids Games.  Blog to follow about that!




No comments:

Post a Comment