Thursday 17 September 2015

Three Park Run

Hello blog lovers.
It was a large coffee
type of morning!

My first run two weeks, and was I going to do a little 1 miler? No I was not!  I know I tell all my group 0's not to rush back or do too much, but I am not going to take my own advice!  Daft I know!  But I was going to take it easy!  Just see how I go.

I had asked if there would be any other group 1 runners who would be meeting up to go running at 9:30 this morning, and SingstarJo said that she would be there.  I was quite pleased that she said that too, as usually, if I am planning a solo run I do tend to procrastinate! A lot!  But no only that, I've not seen SingstarJo for ages, and it's going to be cool to catch up........and we are going for a Costa Coffee too!

I had to take my bike up to the rec to meet up with the other PWR's, there were about 5 of so of them for group 2 and me and S.J. for our group 1.  I hadn't really planned a route and due to the awful rain we had I knew the woods wouldn't be on the agenda either.  And that decision was made even more right by the fact that S.J. had her road shoes on anyway!

So I suggested a three park run.  Just because we are not going through the woods doesn't mean that we have to run along by the traffic for 3 or so miles or however long this route is.  I was a bit apprehensive about my back and how it would hold up, remembering how only a couple of weeks ago I couldn't even get to the end of my road without my back tightening up!

We started running up Hazelmere road, and so far it felt good.  I have been keeping up with some exercises, well mainly my cycling, I've not gone into complete couch potato mode!  But I soon realised that even though It's been only 2 weeks I can notice the difference of running and not running!  My breathing was all over the place, my legs were wondering what on earth was going on, and my back had a little twinge, just to say "oi, remember me?"  But I kept going.

But I could run again!  I was just so pleased, I love my running and I have missed it and my running buddies. And now I was running further than I could a couple of weeks ago, pain free!  I just hoped that it would stay that way.

Our route was going through Jubilee Park, so we ran to Little Thrift and went along the path.  I could feel that tell tale tightening in my back again, only this time it was on the right, and not half as bad as it was.  I chose to ignore it, and try and relax as I run.  I know it sounds like a contradiction in terms, but you can really run relaxed!  I often heard PhysioMike say it on track days, "Now run, and keep relaxed, keep those shoulders relaxed"  And you can do it!

From Jubilee Park we ran up bBackbrook Lane and crossed over the road.  Our next park was Parkfield.  We were only going to run through on corner of it and then come out and run up Lovelace Avenue.  But just along here my back started to remind me of why I stopped running for a couple of weeks. I was running and walking along and I was really beating myself up for taking all the walking breaks, but S.J. reminded me of the fact that I was still out.

I often forget that when I am running, the fact that at least I am out running!  I am not sat in doors, or snug in bed, which I could so have done today!  And also I have had two weeks off, and I have had a sore back!  She was telling me all the stuff that I tell my group 0 members.

I thought about that when I got home actually.  It's good to be exactly where I am at this moment, because then you can understand what the others are feeling and probably thinking about their running.  To be able to identify with the people that you are running with and therefore understand the frustrations and the the doubts they feel is just what you need to know and will help whenever you lead a group!

Anyway from Parkfield we ran along Lovelace Avenue to Southborough Park.  We just run straight through there and come out on to Southborough Lane.  We still got to do the up hill section of this road, but at least we haven't had to run up the whole of it, which for me is just so boring!  We crossed over the bridge by the Newsshopper car park, "Lets do the long way back" I said to S.J. I think she was pleased with that.  We ran/walked our way back along Woodside, Great Thrift and Hazelmere.

But just along this bit I had decided that I had done enough running.  But I wasn't going to beat myself up about not running the whole way, after all, I would have probably done a lot less if S.J. wasn't with me, and it was all about just seeing how I did!  Well, I did ok!  We walked back to the rec and stretched out, and then........we went for a coffee and twist!

SingstarJo!


My geeky stats are just not worth uploading, tonight as it didn't even find me until I got back into Petts Wood High street somewhere, but I will put it up tomorrow just to show the time lapsed.


No comments:

Post a Comment