Thursday 8 October 2015

I Miss My Woods!

Hello blog lovers.

I was doing my usual procrastinating this morning, after finding out there were no other group 1 runners to meet up with in the rec, until finally a 'still quiet voice' said "Go on get out there and run!" I love running, I really do, but lately getting my ass in gear for a solo run takes a lot of nagging!

I think I must be coming down with something too, or it could be change of weather, or 'change'  but something deffo not right!  But I was out there, in my new shoes!  I love these shoes! And now that Runners Need kept their price promise I love them even more. I ignored the deflated feeling, I ignored the lethargy and need to go lay day for a nap (yes I know it was late morning!) and just started to run.

There has been an unfortunate incident around here that has left me with just the roads to run on while I am running solo, maybe that is another reason I kept procrastinating! So I had to run on the pavements, next to the traffic, but I was heading to Normans Park.  That park is really busy with dog walkers, students taking lunch breaks, joggers, runners, cyclists and dads walking pushing buggies!  I think I will be pretty safe there.

The park is about a mile and half away, once around the park and then back again I was thinking about 4 miles ish!  It will be the longest run for flipping ages that's for sure!  I just took it easy.  My calfs are really tight, I think that is maybe due to me running in my new shoes, getting back to running without overpronating again!  (Not that I am a professional, but it makes sense to me!)  In fact my calves were so tight I was thinking about just doing my usual Turp loop!  But when I got to Turpington Lane I talked myself into going further.

I ran to the park, well, walked/ran to the park and I was pleased that I continued.  Nice big open space, no cars, no fumes, no noise!  Just people using the park.  I took a deep breath and immediately felt invigorated again, if only for a few minutes.

I ran around the park, passing the walkers and the buggy pushers, the dog walkers and cyclists.  Half way round I got to thinking, just about stuff, like you do.  The music seemed to just fade from my mind and all I could 'hear' was my thoughts.  I started crying, sobbing, shoulders bouncing up and down type sobbing.  Fortunately there wasn't anyone in ear shot at the time.  I just wanted to be able to go see my mum, and talk with her!  This empty mum shaped hole has not got any smaller.

 I had recovered by the time I got back to the main gate, I only ran once around the park and then I was back out into the streets, with the fumes and cars!  Oh I miss my woods, why are there weird people around?!  I started back on the homeward journey, feeling annoyed that my Thursday run through the woods should be postponed until I have running buddies to run with.

It was a slow run but I really needed to know that I could run further that three and half miles without being too embarrassingly slow!  I think I did ok, considering....what do you think.  Here's my geeky stats.





No comments:

Post a Comment