Monday 5 October 2015

Runners Need....New Shoes!

Hello blog lovers.
Aren't they just gorgeous!

Yup, I finally got around to buying some new shoes!  Ok, so it was an impulse buy!  Up in London, Runners Need just happened upon our walk about town, and I bought them there and then, after of course, going through their gait analysis thing on the dread mill!



So today I tested them out on a solo run!  I was waiting all day to test them out!  I knew my cycling would be cancelled today, although I think Mhairi and Fiona would still be out there if there was even one of us saying we would go (hardcore ladies!),  but I just don't find cycling in the rain fun, maybe if I get fitter and faster on my bike I may do!

Anyway, I was in my running clothes from the off this morning.  Kept looking out of the window to see if the rain had stopped but no!  I got stuck into my housework, after breakfast, lunch time came and I looked out. Still raining.  My new shoes were calling me!  But I picked up a skipping rope instead!  I skipped along to a couple of songs, then danced and twisted and gyrated about to a few more!  Well if I can't get out I might as well do something!

Then I had a brilliant idea.  I had to go out in the rain anyway, to do the school run.  So I shall go out half an hour early and do a little route that will end at the school so I can collect child.  No need to get wet twice today, make it the once and just include a little route to the school!  I am so clever!

So just after 2;30 ish I was ready in my new shoes.  Oh, Wow!  They felt like I laced a couple of the softest pillows to my feet.  Every step was like I was walking on air!  I just love new shoes! With the Satellites found on my [broken strap] Garmin I was out of the door ready to do battle with the rai.........? Oh, so now it decides to stop raining!

I hadn't really planned a route, but I knew I had to stay fairly local to the school.  I ran along my road to Whitebeam Avenue, smiling away, looking down at my shoes!  Not a good thing to do! Head up Old Girl, run like you meant to!  Still smiling I started to think about where to go. "Staying local, staying local, where to go" I was thinking.  I decided to go through the local park and out by Astley Centre.  I was thinking to myself that maybe it would have been better to have planned a route, put a bit of pressure on myself, and stretched it out a bit, because I was thinking that I am going to run out of distance before I actually run out of time.

I remembered there was a little Cul-De-Sac one of the turnings along Southborough Lane, and I am going to run down there.   When I got there I turned right and ran along,  I thought it just ended at the little mini round about, but it continued for a little further even having another little left turn before it came to the end.  All the years I have lived around here and I have never been down there before, no need to really.

At the end of the road there is a bit of land. I though that maybe it led to the park but when I looked I noticed that there were peoples gardens backing on to it.  But the fencing was down and there was a town planning notice on post.  I read it and it was saying something about permission to plant trees!  Well I am all in favour of tree planting!  Made such a change from the usual 'permission to squeeze as many houses/flats as we can in the tiny space here' notice!

I came back out of the close and continued to run along towards the school. I really underestimated this.  Even with just taking it nice and easy (ok, so it's a great excuse for my very slow run!) I was still going to run out of distance before time.  Another quick calculation of my route and I decided that I would go straight passed Oxhawth Crescent (east arm) and go down Oxhawth Crescent (west arm).

Running passed the school that I need to be in I continued my way towards Petts Wood.  A right turn down the second Oxhawth and I was heading back up towards the school.  I will still be a little early, so I ran passed the gate and back onto Southborough Lane.  I shall just go into the other gate and then run back round.  I will still have a few minutes to wait, but I can do a bit of discreet warm down stretches while I waited for the little lad to come out.

A nice little run, in my brand new shoes!  Oh, and about my brand new shoes!  I am absolutely thrilled to pieces with them. But on the Saturday when I got home with my brand new purchase, the Old Boy looked on line, just to check, and found out that I could have got them cheaper!  In fact my neighbour, NaggyNeighbour, (Brookes are her favourite shoe too!) over the road said the same thing! She actually goes one better and tries to get last seasons colours, or even two seasons ago for even better savings!

But I noticed at the shop when I bought my shoes that they had a big notice up that said they match any price on line!  Of course then I was on to the email and seeing if they will actually hold up to that promise!  After a few exchanges, photos of cheaper, exact same shoes and my receipt they said they will hold up to their promise!  Runners Need, you came up trumps!  Who says big businesses are all about themselves!

Geeky stats!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment