Thursday 12 November 2015

A Little Traipse Through The Woods.

Hello Blog lovers.

After an eventful evening I was in desperate need to chill out, with some fresh air this morning.  I was in need, but tired and not wanting to go!  So I was very pleased when one of Discorich's crew members wanted to come along with me instead this morning.  She was suffering with a bit of discomfort, but being a true runner decided that the best thing to do was to just run slower!  I unfortunately don't have that luxury. If I run any more slower then I will become a ...........walker! The mere thought fills me with fear!

I rode my bike to the rec and then realised that I had actually forgotten to bring my bike lock! You can see that I was in need now!  I was hoping that DiscoRich would be on his bike, which I expected he would be as the weather is like a beautiful spring morning!  It is positively like a late spring 'feel'! I was glad that I was right about him being on his bike.  I rode over to the bike stands with DiscoRich and we locked up the bikes.

We chatted with all the other people that were there, and then D.R. said that we is going to be doing a road route!  I couldn't quite grasp what he was saying!  Most of us will be racing on Sunday, getting up at a ridiculously nay ludicrously early time to be at Petts Wood in the morning, so todays run should be all about having a nice social one! Especially in the woods!

When I said that I was heading for the woods for a nice gentle one then two other ladies, Sacha and Nicola from his group jumped ship and joined me and Michelle!  As we were going to be going at a nice gentle pace and through the woods Nicola asked if she could be her little pooch along!  It's not the first time we have had a dog run along with us!  And she is such a cutie!

We ran in through Dog Poo ally, and turned right to run up the hill towards the main road.  It's just going to be the usual round loop, but going the easier way round, well I think it's easier this way round, at least we won't be running up Goss Hill! There is still a few hills in there that we can 'enjoy'!  I hope the other girls find it at least a tad challenging with hills!  

The pooch was totally enjoying herself running ahead of us, showing us how it's done!  I struggled up the hill, and then flailed my hand to indicate the direction which will be going as soon as we got to the top.  The girls just didn't seem to be out of breath, they were chatted away and didn't even sound out of breath!  It's something that I am going to have to aspire to be able to do!

It really was such a lovely run, we got to the top of the woods where the other little cheeky hill was.  It's steep but thankfully a short one!  It's great fun coming the other way but then running up Goss Hill is the challenge then!

Getting to Botany Bay Lane, I could quite easily suggest that we just carry on down and then up, instead of running towards Goss Hill, but really its just the lazyitus thinking that, and I call to the ladies to turn right  at the gates!

Goss Hill was a pleasure, I do love running down hill!  And then we we turned left to run along beside the river.  Now all dogs do love to explore, where there is water then a dog will want to go and investigate it!  The little pooch went straight in.  It looked so refreshing, I was really feeling quite warm, the sweat was dripping from me and I wondered "Would it look really odd if I joined the pooch in the river!?" You will be pleased to hear that I decided to act grown up and not go in the water!

It's just the last couple of paths now, along the rail way line and then back up to Poo Ally.  A beautiful run, and as I said, a much needed run!  I really needed to just 'get away' just for a short while, and it was a short while! Here's the geeky stats, as I said, a lovely nice and steady (read slow!) run this morning



No comments:

Post a Comment