Tuesday 3 November 2015

Club Run

Hello blog lovers.

 Club run this week was just group 0.  I wasn't feeling top notch today.  But it was a lovely perfect evening for running, not too hot or too cold.  I really got to get myself out of this slump!  Letting things get to me, letting germs get the better of me and letting my mojo have an excuse to go into hibernation!

Group 0 will be coming to an end soon, things will be changing.  That doesn't mean that we will totally abandon our new beginners, and 'coming back from injury' runners.  No! But instead, we will be bringing them together with the other groups that run on Tuesday! It's all very exciting, and when things I sorted I will let you all know about it.

But today there was just me and Jenny.  She was telling me that she was on a total high after last weeks run, and I am not surprised.  Looking at the geeky stats from that nights right, some of the speedy bits were quite speedy! She was totally thrilled with her run.  So this week, in some way, I am glad that I did a longer group 0.  I decided to do that after I made my mind up coming back down Hazlemere that I wouldn't be doing group 1 this evening.

We set off, a brisk walk to get us warmed up first.  And as I said last week, Jenny has this long legs, so although it was a nice brisk walk for her I was virtually trotting along beside  her.  I was taking her on the undulating route, which is along to Hazelmere and then stay on the road till you get to Petts Wood memorial Hall.  We were not stopping, we were going to keep on moving, just like last week.  It worked well last week.

When we got to the memorial hall we turned right and crossed over the bridge  to the high street.  We were doing pretty well!  I started to feel a bit iffy by then, and I was wondering how I would get on with the rest of the run!  I decided to just ignore things and just see how it all goes.  We ran through the high street, and I gave the boys at Petts Wood Kebab house a wave as I ran passed them, it's one of my favourite places!  I must learn to cook!

We run through to Tudor Way, under the bridge and then turned left.  We we going to go along the road, run pass the pub and then back the way we came.  Jenny was doing fantastically, I looked at the time and I could see we had done a good time too.  I decided that group 1 deffo wasn't going to happen for me today, I really needed to get home.  But I still felt it was possible to do just a tad further than our usual distance!

I didn't tell Jenny until we were virtually at cross ways.  I didn't want her to lose concentration or worry about the distance (and the hill) that we will be doing.  I was taking her up Birchwood, and then down Kingsway/Woodside and then back into the rec!

She took the change of plans in her stride, excuse the pun! We started up the hill.  I think she did say something about me trying to kill her her, and then I said "It's ok, the sweeties come at the on Woodside"  Just then her hopes picked up "Sweeties?" she said.  I then explained that the 'sweeties' is the nice down hill section, the very last road, and its a 'cheeky little bugger' of a hill, but thankfully we are running down it and not up it!.  "Oh ok, I though maybe they would come out and start offer chocolate" she said!  Oh, if only that were so, I could do with some chocolate!

Anyway, it was a great run, but I really needed to get home!  My tummy was feeling brilliant!  But I stayed to chat with the ladies!  I am really looking forward to when the new group can begin!  I am sure we will do well.  At looking a todays geeky stats Jenny will do just fine!

And that leads nicely into......geeky stats!



No comments:

Post a Comment