Thursday 5 November 2015

It's Raining And We're Still Running

Hello blog lovers.

It's Thursday, the kids are back at school......and it's raining!  Does that stop ANY  Petts Wood Runner...no I don't think so........all though occasionally it has been known to delay this particularly PWR!

I got to the rec, with just seconds to spare, I had issues with hunting for keys to the shed, and then my bike lock!  DiscoRich's group was looking particularly healthy with a good number of PWR's ready to do battle with the drizzle and in my group is J.J. and Helen, so just the three of us, but we don't care, we chat all the way around our running routes!

I had the Cinder Path route in mind, I just didn't think the woods would be a good idea, it will be a mud bath and slippy, and a slow slog round.  I need to do a little more practising in running ahead of people and at least 12:15 min/mil.  My group 0 at 7 on a Tuesday will be shifting to Temporary Group 0 at 8, and then there will be a big re-org later.  So exciting!

Anyway, in the end we didn't do the the Cinder path, J.J. mentioned going through Jubilee park, so thats where we went.  But not just the one park, we went through 3 of them. Yes it was our 3 Park Run route.  And really, we needed all the boost of clean fresh air that we could find today!  The weather was a totally downer! Not very inspiring at all, and of course my mojo is definitely acting like a teenager and not wanting to get out of the bed!  Fresh air is deffo what we need.

Helen usually runs along in group 2, she would have been running along with them but she has had a battle on her hands in a different way, one that she has won!  so know she needs a couple of weeks recovery runs, get her back into swing.  Mind you she still looked and ran like she was on fire!

The run up to Little Thrift had me and J.J. puffing....slightly......but Helen looked as fresh as a daisy.  I felt sure then that she would be doing some loop backs to us, to keep her legs moving! We ran along the path that leads to the bridge over the rail lines.  Thank goodness we are only crossing one bridge today......well, on the way back we cross a bridge but that one has no stairs!

The park, however, is totally worth going up a huge flight of stairs.  Breathing the unpolluted air is lush!  Oh why does it have to be raining, I could so have done with running through the woods. Still, having great inspiring company does just as good, if not better!  We came of of Jubilee Park and ran along Blackbrook Lane, looking forward to the next park!  So tempting to suggest going to mine for a cuppa! But running is our aim, and running is what we will do!

The rain was more intermittent, J.J. and I both had taken our coats off.  I had my cycling rain jacket with me, so I was rather toasty!  But I would need that on the way back from the rec on my bike.  Parkfield rec didn't seem to last long before we were running out of it and back on to the roads!  We ran along Lovelace Avenue to get to the last park. This one is even shorter than the last one, before you could produce a snot rocket we were already at the exit of the park on Southborough Lane!

We ran along to the high street, and I asked Helen how far we had come, I had forgotten my Garmin, so it was quite good to know that we had done about 3 and half miles with about another half mile to do, or we could run the other way and do a mile instead!  But I think we were all more than ready to call it day now.

So we ran over the walking bridge and ran down Petts Wood Road and turned left into Crossways.  So according to Helens Garmin we ran about 4 miles in 51:55 mins!  It's quite a respectable distance for a Thursday morning, although I think Helens few loop backs helped to push her miles a little more than mine and J.J.'s .

No comments:

Post a Comment