Thursday 19 November 2015

New And Improved!

Hello blog lovers.

Well Tuesday saw the first group 0 at the new time of 8;00 pm.  I was as nervous as anything.  I don't know why, because I've been doing it for the past year or so!  We had some of the graduates from the beginners course as well as Jenny who has been with me for a few weeks at the 7:00pm start.  Also with me was J.J. and Janet! They are going to be going for their Leadership course sometime and then our group will have 3 leaders!

I had plotted a route, only just a tad over 3 miles, and I think a tad challenging as well.  I knew the beginners can do hills, as their route on the last few weeks of the course was up Wood Rise a couple of times.  So the route I chose was up Birchwood, cross over the road and then take Sherbourne road.  It's a route that group 1 has done on a few times, but then we have gone on to run around Tillingborn green.

I just turned right instead, and went up the cheeky little hill.  I don't know if that is the rail lines underneath, but it does look like a bridge.  It may just be land!  Funny how you just don't notice these things, you just go over it......or is that just me?

I had started my Garmin, but I think in my 'New Official Leader' nervousness I must have squeezed the button off again.  I must ask Santa if he will have a new Garmin in his sack that he might leave under my tree.  I decided that I won't advertise that fact, and just kept an eye on all the back markers to make sure I wasn't got too fast! I re started my Garmin, I shall check later exactly where I had my nervous moment.

They all seemed to be doing well.  I was run/walking like I did with Jenny.  It's getting colder now and I didn't want to do the stops as we could cool down quickly and that could cause injuries, but to keep moving. We followed the route, took our walking breaks, and stopped to cross roads (and just to catch up)  but I do believe they all enjoyed their first taste of PWR Club Night runs.

We were running along Great Thrift and I lead them to run up Little Thrift, but I stopped J.J. and Janet to just to ask for 'on the run' feed back.  I know we were nearly there, but it's good to get info fresh so to speak.  Can you tell I was a tad nervous! I just wanted to know that everything went well!

I do think that we have already got at least one person who will be in group 1 pretty soon!  Maybe even on move up week which will be soon!

So Geeky stats, well, they're not really worth looking at.  We did the run in 40 mins and something seconds, I can't remember the exact time, but it wasn't much more than that. And smiling faces at the end, at least they looked smiley!

No comments:

Post a Comment