Saturday 14 November 2015

PWR Autumn 2015 Graduation

Hello blog lovers.

I just want to express my utter horror at the atrocious, cowardly acts of mindless terrorism that happened last night in Paris.  My prayers are for all those that are bereaved and for all those that are injured.  My deepest sorrows for all those in France.  But terrorists will not prevail! They are just mindless robots that do the bidding of an evil controller!  We can not and will not let them prevail.  So I will write up my blog as I have always done and will do.  No matter what, but with the people of France and all those that are suffering through the evil that is IS, firmly in my thoughts and prayers!


I so enjoy writing up my blogs especially the ones about other people achieving their goals and I am there watching it all unfold!  It gives me just that bit more kick up the arse that I need.  Today 2015 Autumn PWR graduates ran their first Parkrun today. And I do believe that most of them ran all the way!  I know Sammie did!  There was one young lady that couldn't join us to run at a 9:00 today, and she had worked so hard, she had to be somewhere else, so what did she do? she got here early, ran her 3.1 miles by herself and proudly showed  everyone.  She really wanted to be able to enjoy graduation day so she hung around until we started the warm up routines.  Well done indeed Tanya!

There was over 20 graduates that met up today, on a grey morning.  After a briefing from CoachHels we walked over to the Pavilion, but not before the obligatory photo!  After a pit stop (those nerves can affect some people) CoachHels started the warm routine.

We then started to skip and walk and jog to the other side of the bridge across the brook.  We then started doing some more drills!  There is no getting away with not doing them, just because we are in a park with a few hundred other people looking on!  We skipped, majoretted and karaoca'd all until it was time for a nice brisk walk to the start.


Some of the PWR's that were there!


SingstarJo was the one letting us know all about the the milestones of some of the runners.  There is Johns 100th, Helen's 100th and I know both of them!  Plus it's Tims Birthday! It's quite a party happening!  There is going to be plenty of cake at the finish today.

We were soon on our way.  The grass was a bit muddy and slippy in places, but I knew if I was very careful I should be able to get around without falling over, after all I have a race tomorrow!  I chatted to one of our PWR's who had come along to lend support and encouragement to our graduates, Liz.  She is having a baby sometime in February, so exciting!

As I was running along the path towards the brook that is when I saw Helen!  She inspires me so much!  I just love watching her run, the way she just keeps going until the end.  You got to love Parkrun!  And then started to run wit one of the graduates, Sammie. Her goal is to get around no stop, the whole 5k!  I know I have said this before but the only time I get around a 5k course with out stopping,  is when I am running along encouraging our beginners.  A nice steady pace and the fact that I dare not walk if they are running, is obviously what does it!

I did walk a tiny bit, over those very slippy muddy sections, but I stayed with Sammi all the way.  She had a determined look on her face, she was going to do it.  She said that when she started the course, she was dreading running for just one minute!  And here she was now planning on running the whole of a 5k route!

Well let me tell you. She did brilliantly! She kept a steady pace, something I must learn to do myself, instead of trying to get good times first!  Maybe I shall try that tomorrow! She slow a tad when she got a bit tired but not one bit of walking was done!  Brilliant.  She was so pleased to be heading for that orange funnel, there were people cheering her on all the way!

Sub 41 minutes for a first park run is just marvellous, and a piece of cake is a well deserved treat for a fantastic run!

No geeky stats as I thought it best to just let the mornings run be totally free and easy with no distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment