Tuesday 8 December 2015

A Little Surprise!

Hello blog lovers

It's club night, and it's my 4th week with the new 8 o'clock start with group 0.  It's still a nice size group, and still a much needed group.  One lady wanted to try group 1, and I wasn't surprised, she was well ahead of the other group 0 members and was ready for that bit more of a  push.

I decided to do route 1, the very first route we took, as I introduced them to Cardiac Hill last week, I like to keep our running fun, and not to be a chore!  When I got to Crossways I was quite pleased with the decision to go with this route as the pavements were all up along here.

I gave out my brief description and pace that we would be doing, I don't think I left anything, and then we waited until all the groups started to leave. Slowly the rec started to empty as each group set out for their runs. Group 1 were running up Birchwood, just as we were, and we were chasing behind them up the hill.  We were keeping pace with them all the way to top.  Then they turned left as we turned right.

We took a little walking break along the the top before we started our running again.  We crossed over the road and then ran down Sherborne road.  I think then the group started to remember, remember the little undulation that we needed to do once we got to the edge of Tillingborne green!  It's only a tiny hill!  We were all quite nicely tight together, no long gabs between me and the back markers, always a good sign that I am not going too fast!  But then I thought "What if I am going to slow for them, maybe they want a little bit more challenge?  I guess it's the nerves of being a leader!

When we got to Church Hill Wood they could see the little up hill that we needed to get to.  "Deep breath, use your arms to help get you up to the top" I said to them, and we all started to run.  It felt pretty good actually, "Come on, lets put on a little speed" I said, and started to sprint up to the top.  It really did feel good!  Everybody made it to the top, and we had a little break but then I said "Who wants to do it again?"  There was a bit of a stunned silence at first, and then one lady (I must get to learning names!) said "Yeah ok then"  "Off you go then" I said "anyone else?"  Nearly everyone did the second run up the hill!  Fantastic!  It's good to push a little bit extra sometimes.  I knew there wasn't anyone coming back from injuries, colds maybe, but not injuries, so I felt sure that everyone that did the second run up was able to do it well!

After that it was just a straight, straight road all the way to the memorial hall.  With just a couple more little undulations it seemed that everyone did really well!  We do love a challenge, last week everyone did really well.  Maybe I should try and think of something for next week!

Even though we did the little extra hilly bit we still ran around Little Thrift before running back to the rec.  We got there and group 1 was already back going through their stretches!

I have put the geeky stats out on facebook already, but I did have to alter the distance manually as the Satellites didn't manage to find me until the top of Birchwood!  But we have most of our run in there.
So geeky stats for you




No comments:

Post a Comment