Thursday 24 December 2015

Christmas Eve Run!

Merry Christmas blog lovers.

I was just so pleased to be able to get out today.  I thought that I may have been working, so it was an great bonus for me to be able to get out and run, through the woods too!

I started to walk up to Petts Wood as I had shopping to do, I just didn't think I would be able to carry too much back with me on my bike! As I was walking up Southborough Lane I heard a "You want a lift?"  It was CoachHels!  Brilliant, that will save my old legs!  After all, proper fitness training don't start till the new year!

We got to the rec and there was just a couple of people there, but after just a few minutes there was PWR's walking in, driving in, from all directions!  A fantastic turnout from everyone.  You gotta love holidays when it comes to running!  DiscoRich had loads of extra runners in his group, there must have been at least 15 to 20 runners, in mine and Illustrious Leaders group there was just the five of us.

DiscoRich was going through the woods, and so was we!  I haven't been through the woods for such a long time!  As soon as I started up the middle of the woods I suddenly just felt so good! So fat and slow still, but so good!  Our route was the middle path, left along the top of the woods until Botany Bay Lane and then right, to go up some more!

With us we had Joanne, Eleana and Diane, Joanne and Eleana are from the PWR 2015 winter grads, and they are just doing brilliantly!  Joanne seemed to be flying, PWR beginners courses really do work!!  I can see her looking at races soon!  The lure of the gong is hard to resist!  Then the distances will be looking like a challenge, 10k, half marathons.......

I struggled up the hill but managed to get up there with not too much huffing and puffing, at least I don't think so!  There is no stopping Jo however, she was flying!  Reading to just keep on running.  My motto for next year is 'Run like I want to win!'  I shall take a leaf out of her book I think!  I kept telling myself that today its all about the social, it's a nice get together run with people that we don't normally run with.

We came off the path behind the school and took just a short breather, just as DiscoRichs group came from the left!  "How is it we are always stopped when we bump into them" said Illustrious Leader! Going up Botany Bay Lane to the road.  the last bit of up hill today and I was really struggling, I.L. kept me company at the back while the other three ran ahead.  We told them to do a loop back if they wanted!  We ran along to Chislehurst road and then took a right turn to go through the estate with the lovely house.

I do like this estate, it conjures up all sorts of stories in my mind when I run through here, I must do another 'novel' type blog soon!  We run back into the woods to finish off our run.  It' was a bit sticky in there, the rain has really made some lovely muddy pools for us to negotiate.  We turned left and followed the path all the way around the side of the woods, going past the wood mans lodge.  Always brings a smile to my face when I ran pass here!

We just the last little bit left of the woods I felt really good, not physically, I was blooming knackered, by in my mind!  I feel as if next year it's going to be my year!  I am in the right mind, and if I am not, then I will just have to keep on running till I am!

Have a fantastic Christmas everyone, and thanks for reading each of my blogging ramblings!  Can't believe I still have any readers!  Just a few more running days this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment