Tuesday 22 December 2015

Last Group 0 of 2015!

Hello blog

This is the last Tuesday before the 'Big Day' Christmas!  I love Christmas, every thing about it!  From the shopping for gifts, mainly because of on line shopping, it is so more civilised than elbowing other shoppers! I love the wrapping, the Christmas tree, (I am slightly anal about how it's decorated!) but I love the lights outside on peoples houses!

I know I say things like "It's such an American thing to do" but it's become a tradition here now. And I really do like to see all the pretty lights. We used to decorate more in doors, with tinsel and paper chains and balloons!  Oh yes, love it.  So back to running.  It is an absolutely awful day, the rain is coming down, the wind is gusting and it is just not a good motivational feel at all to get out there and do it.  Plus people are out shopping and getting a few extra hours done at work to make sure it's all ready for the big day, I really didn't thing that there would be anybody turning up for group 0 today.

But there was Jenny!  That running bug is growing inside her now, she really has been bitten hard!  Nothing is going to stop her from running.  Tuesdays night is run night, simples!  A big smile on her face when I asked if there was anyone here for group 0.  She peered over the shoulders of the other runners.  I had a route planned, the challenging one we did the other week,  but with just the two of us, I thought I would let her chose which one.  I haven't mapped out a new route as I can't find my Garmin at the mo, and I do like to check things out and look at the stats of any new route.  I am just hoping the dog hasn't eaten it!  I know there wasn't a lot left of it, but it still works!

We decided to do a bit of hill training, and the hill we do that on is the Tillingbourne Green route.  So we run up Birchwood to start our run!  I can really feel the extra weight that I have gained over this past 8 month, well since I did the marathon!  My breathing was all over the place too, but then the first mile of any run is usually like that for me.  I felt like it was going to be a struggle though.

I am so going to work hard after Christmas, I have too, I know I am just not 'feeling it' being this heavy!  We ran along Chislehurst Road and then turned left, heading towards Tillingbourne green.  The little hill will be coming up soon, and we are going to a couple of reps up and down it!  We turned right and ran along the road to the beginning of the hill!  Taking a couple of seconds to get our breath we ran up it, giving it about 70% of what we had in us.  Right to the top of the hill, we did it, we took a a few seconds to recover, then walked down to the first lamppost then slowly jogged to the bottom.

We ran up it again, and then we did it again after that!  Three times we ran that hill, three times!  and we still got back before anyone else did.  We were first back to the rec!  A brilliant run, I just wish I had my Garmin, I shall have to pull the place apart tomorrow looking for it!

Shame about the Geeky stats! We did get back by 8:50 pm, so not a too bad a run, if I do say so myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment