Tuesday 19 January 2016

Club Run - BRRRRRRRR!!! It's A Chilly One

Hello blog lovers.

Talk about group 0 as the temperature was sub-zero! I think this has to be the coldest day so far this winter!  It would be so easy to drop a little note onto the PWR's Facebook page to say "I've a bone in my leg this evening" or "my heart is beating in my chest" but I thought "No, Old Girl, you're hard core, get out there and do your thing"  So with the words of the Old Boy ringing in my ears "It's freezing out, have you got gloves" I went out and walked over to my car.  I came out a little earlier to defrost the thing!

I got to the rec with about 10 mins to spare,  I think there were quite a few people who decided to bring their cars today as the road seemed pretty full!  CoachHels was doing the announcements but didn't say too much as she wanted us to get out there and run.  I gave a brief description of the route we were doing, and waited till all other groups had done theirs.  Then we were off.

I didn't put up a route today, but I just said to Group 0 that we were doing one of the routes we had already done but I am going to do it backwards.  With the hills going 'against us', but they will get us warmer quicker, and hopefully stay that way.  I was feeling quite good, but I don't do cold well.  I hate being cold, I get grumpy when I'm cold. My body doesn't do so well, I get cramp in my hamstring, always on the right side! Why is that!? Always the right side!  So the route was good for me too, keep me nice and toasty.

There about 7 in Group 0 today, and we all pretty much kept together, I think they all appreciated the nice warming hills that we did.  The straight bit along the by the pub I told them that they had to keep running, look really healthy to show off to the smokers in the pub!  Cos we are hard core!

I think everyone was feeling the effects of the cold, just breathing in was hurting some of the ladies, but I am so proud of them all.  To be able to get out on a dark freezing night to meet up in a park, (we haven't even got a club house!) just to go run for an hour or less and then go home.  We are a special kind of people, very special!  Not a lot of people do this for fun!

The undulations of Crescent Drive was another winter warmer, but it was nice that we were all still chatting away, and keep on running.  The miles seemed to be going pass quite quickly.  We were on Southborough lane and I was think, "Wow, we are almost back."  I took them through Crest View Drive to the News Shopper car park, and then we did our Scooby Doo running over the bridge.  If they can run across there nice a quietly, nice and lightly, they should be running perfectly, and PhysioMike would be pleased to see that......as he wouldn't be able to them!

Once over the bridge I took a vote, long way, or short way!  Most opted for the long way, but two other ladies who have just come back to running decided enough was enough for them and decided to go back to their cars from there, Auriol was going to go with them, but they said they knew where they were so as there was two of them together, they went back the short way.  The rest of us carried on around Woodside, Great Thrift and Hazlemere!  The topic of conversations could quite easily be one that 4 and five year boys talk about!  And if you have any of those, then you can imagine what we were talking about!

I so enjoyed the run today, the company was great, it wasn't raining or snowing and we didn't do too badly really!

Geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment