Tuesday 5 January 2016

Club Run - Get Back Into Routine!

Hello blog lovers.

There seemed to be quite a lot of runners meeting up this evening.  Maybe they have all started back to work and found their work clothes just that little bit more snug than usual.  Or maybe because it's not raining!  That is always a good way to winkle out some of our runners!  Also I had J.J. Janet and Wendimoo, and Auriol back from the festive festiveness to help sweep and encourage the rest,

To be truthful, if I wasn't leading then I would have thought about missing tonight, my hips are still quite sore from the train run on Sunday!  That'll teach me for not stretching out properly, afterwards! Instead I just went straight in the shop and order coffee and cake!  But, I am chasing my mojo, I am committed to gaining my fitness back, and I do love meeting up with my running pals!  Of course I am going to be there!  Nothing short of a broken leg would stop me!

I was quite surprised to see so many in my group, there were 12 of us.  Including Robin who did the VLM as well last year.  She is getting back into shape after doing something to a muscle in August.  So a nice little gentle 3 miler will be ideal!  We waited for all the other groups to leave and we ran out of the gate turning right and then right again to go up Kingsway.

I had been playing around with the plotaroute web site and had come up with this pistol shaped (if your close your eyes almost shut!) route.  It made me chuckle as I thought of names that I could come up with for the route, 'We're Gunning for you Fat Cells'  'Ok Shoot, We're Ready to Run"  'Let's Shoot Up Here'.  It was uncharted territory for me though. And I looked, I studied, and I said out loud  to myself the names of the roads that we were going to be going  to be running along.  I have a lousy memory, so anything that can help get the route firmly and safely filed in my brain cell will help

The first half of the route is easy for me to remember, it's on my side of the railway lines, and it's the roads that we have done before. Some of the ladies with me don't know these roads, they will be feeling lost, exactly how I am going to be feeling once we go back under the railway lines!

I was feeling the pain in my hips.  When I say pain, it's an ache!  It's not a crippling pain.  And I think it is all down to not stretching properly, longest run for some time, all those extra 'ounces' I have around my middle......bottom........top.....chin(s) are not making it easy either!  I have joined a new group the PWR.......Petts Wood Reducers!  We post pictures of scales (optional of course) but we do or at least we will post the pounds lost, as an encouragement for all of us!  So I am hoping that in a few weeks I will be at least a couple of pounds lighter!  And the miles won't be so telling on my body!

We finished the route on the 'Jingly Jangly' side of Petts Wood and so for the 'Crinkly, crinkly' side.  This was the bit that I was going to have to think about, and picture in my mind the route that I planned earlier!  We were going up a road that I don't think I have ever been on, or at least, not that I can remember anywhere.  But before that as we were running along Tudor way, one of the ladies noticed that we were 'heading' towards the rec.  She started to get her sprint on, but after I replied to her 'Yeah, that is the rec, but we are not going that way!'  she laughed.  I was thinking that maybe I was a bit cruel to 'dangle' the last road that we would be running on in front of them only to tear them away and run along St. Johns instead!

When we got to Willet way is when I needed to really try and remember which way it was to go.  I even resorted to getting my phone out to try and see the map from the Facebook page.  But this is Janets neck of the woods!  When she asked me which road I needed I said "I'm not sure, but I need to get to Ladywood Ave.  "Oh ok, so it's this way up this road, or it's Greencourt"  "Yes, yes that's the one" I said.  "Oh!" came the response.  She then said that this road was the steeper of the hills! Meh..... we can do this! We're PWR's!  So I sent them all up, running at their own pace, whether it's slow, fast or even walking, but I will see them all at the top!  I walked, along with one other! After that I was back to knowing where I was again.

We got Petts Wood Road and I noticed that we had a couple of faster runners among us, some that could be encouraged to run at a faster pace for the rest of the run.  It's was all downhill anyway, and then right into Crossways.  So Robin, Wendimoo and a couple of others set of at a slightly faster pace while the rest of us just finished off the run at our own speed.  We mingled in with Group 1 as we ran down Crossways and so both group 1 and 2 all finished the evening with the usual stretches, and I must say, a must!  Boy is it a must!

A great run today, just getting back out there are all the over indulgence is good!  Geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment