Saturday 16 January 2016

Park Life!

Hello blog lovers.

As you can see, I am determined to keep up my exercises ad my healthy eating!  It's only been two weeks, it feels like two months!  I am missing just going out into the kitchen and just eating what I want, I am missing having a pint of lager on my Friday nights out and I am also missing my 'lie ins' on Saturday mornings!  I have got to get back into the routine of getting out for 9 in the morning and running.  Parkrun is where I shall be until our new 'Beginners Group' starts again on February 27th, then I shall be helping out there!

My alarm went off and I dutifully got up and ready for running.  Then out of the door and in the car!  That is the most difficult bit.......well apart from running for 3 miles!  But as I was driving to Normans Park today I actually thought about this.  It is the most difficult part of starting to run, of going to park run, to running solo.  The difficult bit is that first step outside the door!  It put me in a better mood, still didn't alter the fact I needed more sleep, and my hands were freezing from scrapping frost of my windscreen!

I park up in the park and walked over to where the start would be. The ground was quite solid now, the frost as seen to that. I looked out for Janet and Wendi, I knew they were going to be running today, J.J. was feeling under the weather so she wasn't going to be here!  I eventually found them and we chatted for a few minutes before we were off!

We started running just in front of a speed walker!  A Speed Walker, I tell you.  He was telling us that his faster 5k was something like 29 minutes.......his fastest marathon was in about 3 and half hours!  I think I am going to have to learn how to do this speed walking!  What I am actually trying to say is this chap over took us and disappeared into the distance,  He told us his name was Sean Lightman!  I shall have to look him up on the Internet!

The winter route is quite demoralising for me, I miss the summer route, but we have to run safe, especially when there are over 500 runners!  Three times around the park!  I found it a struggle today, an enjoyable struggle, but still.  I must stop thinking about 'when I was fitter' and start thinking 'when I get fitter'.  It's taken 9 months to put on this extra poundage, my own fault, but it is not going to disappear by not attempting anything!

Wendi and Trish (she was there too) ran on in front they were doing really well, I ran along with Janet.  She has a good pace going, her own pace, she runs the whole way non stop!  Something I need to work on myself!  For the whole of the 3 laps I was behind, then caught up, then behind and the caught up.  She helped to pace me, even though she didn't know!  I am sure I would have been so much slower!

The last lap was the biggest struggle mentally for me, but I kept an eye on Janet who was in front, by the time we had got to the top of the park again I felt I was in the zone, but then my blooming keys fell out of my pocket!  I was so annoyed!  I had to chase after Janet again.  With the last straight to do to the tunnel I finally started to 'get it'  I just concentrated on the orange of the funnel and went for it!  
It wasn't my fastest time, probably bordering on my slowest times!  But I was pleased I went out and did it.  And next week I shall do better!

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment