Thursday 4 February 2016

Doing The Double!

Hello blog lovers.

What a lovely day today.  I can't believe how well my back has got better and I feel I can run for ever, although when I do my body tells me to 'Sit the heck down woman!'  I didn't listen of course.  I am back into training. What I am training for I have no idea, but you just never know whats around the corner that might take my fancy.

So the first run was this morning, with the Thursdays.  We had a new bod with us, Tracy, she hasn't been on a Thursday morning run before, but she is hoping that it will be a regular thing.  Janet was there as usual and Trish and we also had ZippySherry with us too.  So a nice sized group to go running with.

I did feel like running today, even though I love the woods, running through there I think would be difficult, so it was the Cinder path that was our option today.  I shall work up to the 3 park run again over the next few months.  We set off at a nice pace chatting like we do towards the Tudor way and under the bridge.  I was looking forward to getting to the Cinder path, away from the smelly noisy traffic.

I was wondering if it was going to be flooded still, I think we did have a bit of rain last night, but I don't think it would have been up to flood levels.  ZippySherry was running with me in front and I was finding myself keeping up with her.  It's good to have someone push you just a bit more that you're used to.  I know that when I go running by myself, I do tend to get a bit lazy, which is why I enjoy going to the track.  I know that I am there for hard work.

But the morning run was still a leisure one, we could chat for most of it.  I was still not ready to do the extra loop around, although I think next time I will do it!  I have a feeling that all it is, distance wise, is one lap of the track, round about, totally doable!  Sherry, Trish and Tracy did the loop, which me and Janet just held back and waited for them.

Usually after we have done that we run all the way down next to the traffic until we get to Tudor Way again.  But there is the Cinder path, running parallel to us, there are bridges and entrances along the way to get back on to the path.  So I decided that we would turn down the next road to see if we can find one of these entrances.  Why should we be running, getting healthy and fit yet breathe in all of that fume from the cars?  It's a no brainer, get back into the woods.

So that's why the course looks like a golf club!  We just like breathing in fresh clean air.  Love running with the girls, and I can really see me getting back my mojo to how it used to be, I am loving being outside!   So geeky stats for you, not quite group 1 pace yet, but we are working on it!



And so to Track.  You gotta love track.  As I said to Tracy this morning, I likened track to a treadmill but it's outside!  When you think about its true.  It's spongy, you don't go anyway, and you can put as much effort into is as you want/can.  But the only thing is......track is 10 times better than dreadmills!  for a start, all of your running buddies are on the track at the same time, you have expert coaching from PhysioMike, and every time you (read as 'I') get lapped the encouragement I get from them is.....well encouraging!

The session today was quite tough, only if I work hard of course, it was four lots of 8 mins running with the last thirty seconds we had to sprint, then really sprint, then sprint like we had stolen something!  Three and half minutes of rest between.  Sounds so easy when he said it, just running for 8 minutes but I knew I had to run faster than I usually do!  That's where the change is going to come from, that where the improvement is going to start from.

The first 3 laps took me 8 mins, I managed to finish just at the start.  I was pleased with that, that's 1200 meters in 8 mins, not too bad I think.  The next 8 minutes was a little harder as my legs started to complain. But I kept running, for the whole of the 8 minutes.  I was looking forward to hearing that whistle, even with the sprints. But I finished a little further way from the start.  The next 8 seemed to be even more harder.  My legs were wondering where that 3 and half minutes rest was, if seemed to go by so quick.  I thought I would just take a little walk to catch my breath when I head a "Come on Donna" come from PhysioMike!  Darn it I was spotted, how did he see me all the from there, I was about a quarter of the way around the track!  He must have a sixth sense to runners who walk when they shouldn't!  It was just what I needed to hear though and I started running again, with a smile on my face for getting 'caught! I finished that section of the session even further from the start, so definitely a bit slower!

The last one, the last 8 minutes to do.  In my mind I felt like we had only done two lots, had we still had to do one more.  When I heard that this was the last 8 minutes I just thought that I had misheard PhysioMike that we were doing 4 lots and in fact that we were just doing the 3.  I still believed that until I got back here and looked at the stats and can see it!  Right there, 4 lots of 8 minutes of running!  I was so exhausted I forgot to switch my bloomin Garmin off!  And it record some of my journey home, so totally mucking up the average speed, grrrr.  I wish Garmin could allow you to alter things like that, just cut out bits of your run, alter it for when things like that happen!

Oh well, here's the geeky stats.  It was a brilliant session, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.....weirdly, and totally feel I an keep going on my weight loss programme and fitness programme!  Thanks Mike!  a great sessions today

Geeky stats,  as you can see, a nice steady pace all the way round each 8 minutes run, so not too bad




No comments:

Post a Comment