Thursday 17 March 2016

Pole Dancing and Track!

Hello blog lovers.
Trish, Diane and me

A beautiful morning requires a beautiful run so I planned for the woods!  Actually I had planned for the woods last night, rain or shine, but that's beside the point!  It felt totally spring like, I could even feel the warmth of the sun!  Perfect for running.

I had decided to do a favourite route of mine, but I wanted to do it in the opposite direction!  Things always look different when you look back, a bit like life really, and I always seem to get it wrong......a bit like life!!  But it's always an adventure, exciting paths, different ways....a bit like......well, you get the picture!

We had Rachel with us this morning, she finds herself free at the moment on a Thursday, and what better way to spend a morning than running with your buddies. Trish and Diane completed the foursome of group 1 today.  DiscoRich was away with the horses today, and Nicola was Leader for their group today, which seemed to have grown as well, there must be at least 8-10 regulars now!  This working from home lark has to be the best thing ever.  Just an hour out of the day and their will be fit and healthy and happy workers all over the place!  I think it should be a requirement of all business to get their staff out running for at least 30 minutes a day!
Trish, Diane and Rachel

The girls I run with on a Thursday are all group 2 runners or even group 3 or 4 runners, and the other group are mainly group 6 and above, (we have renumbered all our groups a couple of weeks ago.  We now have 11 groups)  So there is little old me (Leader) trying to keep up with my Thursday group 1's (DiscoRich's group is called 2 on Thursdays).  But I do need to 'stretch' myself, Thursdays is a perfect day to do this!

The first part of the route is easy!  It's straight up and then turn left at the top of the hill!  The girls seemed to fly up the hill!  I was plodding along trying to keep up! It wasn't so bad, they didn't stand around for too long!  The difficult bit of the route is finding the right path that will take me to the housing estate.  I told the girls of my plans so that we could all look out for the path.  The path that we have all used before, but maybe not Rachel, she can be excused!  But I think we were a bit to eager, and I don't think I made my plans entire clear, as we were thinking different housing estates too.  So as you can image we took the wrong path.  But we don't mind that!  It's not as if you can get lost in the woods.  But it did mean that we won't be running up the road with the lovely big house.

I had a fall as well, as most peculiar fall.  Just as we were nipping around a little track, trying to avoid the stickiest bit of the path I tripped up and grabbed hold of a pole like tree and kind of swung around it and landed on the floor!  I should have said 'Ta Dah!" at the end but was trying to stifle a giggle!  The girls looked a bit worried!  You're not a runner unless you have fallen at least once, right?!  We carried on running and then a tree 'attached' me as it whipped into my face!  It's one of the runs then!

The path that we chose came out onto Chislehurst Road, opposite an entrance to the 'edge of Scadbury Park' so we decided to go down there!  Not where I wanted to be but at least now we can go and do Scadbury as well.  The rest of the route I knew like the back of my hand and we continued on our way with no other incidents!

A great run with some lovely ladies!  Geeky stats.




Track Session
Going to the start after warm ups

Track Thursdays are getting to me.....in a nice way!  I am enjoying every second of being there!  Of course, as always, the hardest bit is getting out there after getting all nice and cosy after work.  But when I saw that Mr. S. was requesting a lift I jumped at the jump to offer him a lift to track.  There, now I have a job to, I definitely cannot back out of track.

I picked Mr. S. up and we headed for the track.  There were about 25-30 people here today.  Track is becoming popular and we even had a couple of newbies to track!  The session today sounded pretty easy (famous last words!) when I heard it, and indeed, if you write it down it looks easy!  But then my brain down work too well with sums and times and stuff like that.

Mr. S. in his Union Jacks!


The session was 5 mins at 10k pace, with a blast of speed for a few seconds when Hels decided we needed a blast.  Then we had 90 seconds rest before going to a 10 min at 5k pace, 90 secs race.  Sounds easy right? Then we did 10 mins at 5k pace with 90 seconds, then 5 mins.  Well, all I can say is "It is not easy!!"  Not easy at all!  especially when Hels blew her whistle and we had to sprint and keep it going until she blew it to go back to normal pace!

It was fun though!  As much as I moan and groan, I do love my running.  The encouragement, the camaraderie the fitness, it's all a win win situation.  "Didn't you run this morning!" said one of the other runners, "Yes I did" I said and that clip of Forrest Gump came to mind "I Just love running" and it made me smile.

Another bit that made me smile was that I was in front of all the faster runners......ok so they lapped me, but there was no one in front of me and it felt like I was leading!  I even took a selfie, here look!

Me, in the lead??


A great session today, everyone works so really hard at Track, everybody pushing themselves a little harder than other days!  Love it!  Geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment