Thursday 31 March 2016

Run Away The Day!

Hello blog lovers.
Just me verses the Track

Today was a difficult day, a day that was expected but still difficult to get to grips with.  The day started out with a lovely walk this morning with J.J. and Janet, both these lovely ladies are recovering from various things but to get out and walk is the next best thing to getting out running.  We stopped for a coffee and a chat and then we said good bye to Janet.

I didn't record our walk via satellites but it counted up my steps.  Then J.J. and I went off to see her daughter Kirsty in Kings College Hospital. Kirsty has Cystic Fibrosis a shit disease, and at this moment she is in hospital on medication to help get rid of an infection.  When she's home then I go and care for her after my morning Thursday run and again on Fridays.  Today I am with J.J. to go and see her for a couple of hours.

So the evenings exercise.  It was track time.  I needed to run, I needed to do a lap for J.J. too!  Run the day away, clear the head and then tomorrow carry on!  Sometimes I do sit and wonder why, and there are going to be so many questions for when I get upstairs, thats for sure.  Cystic Fibrosis, that is going to be a question, cancer, thats another one!  Loads of other stuff too!  But for now, we just deal with things, get on with things, don't get angry, just stayed focused.

My running this evening I just wanted to run as much as I could.  The session was quite a tough session.  Run for 400m rest for 60 seconds, then run for 400m rest for 60 seconds and run for 400m, you get the picture.  We did that for half an hour.  with the warm up before and the cool down stretches afterwards it was a very good session, one that I very much needed to do. Tears and prayers were shed and said.  And now lets get on and do the next thing, stronger, ready to deal with whatever is around the corner.

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment