Thursday 7 April 2016

Not Just For Ladies!

Hello blog lovers.

As promised, my next blog.  But it's only about one run today.  I was going to go to track this evening, but I just started to not 'feel it'.  I started to feel just slightly under the weather, like I hadn't eaten for ages,  shaky, the further the day went on.  Let me talk about my run, and hopefully my dinner will have hit the spot and I start to feel better.

I was running after a night out with my son, we went for mussels last night, and a couple of beers (probably a factor in the way I was feeling? but then feeling progressively worse as time went on, I don't think so) (can you put a huge number of words like that in brackets as an explanation?).  I was feeling fine though, this morning.  Slight headache was all.  I drove to the rec and met all the others.

DiscoRich had a few runners with him today, the school holidays generally keep runners from running!  My usual ladies were with me, Trish and Tracey, but also joining us today was Simon and David!  Both wanted to have a slower run!.

We all set off out the gate, the faster group wooshing off fast, David and Simon setting their own pace and me, Trish and Tracey running behind them.....there was no way I was going to try and do their pace!  The boys will just have to do loop backs!  I don't think the boys were all that keen on mud fests, not like us girls, we don't mind a bit of mud, so we went along the road to Little Thrift and went over the bridge that leads to Jubilee Park.  It satisfies us all this way, clean fresh, fume less air and a bit of tarmac for the boys to run on.

They were still in front by the time we got to the park and Simon started to feel the pace.  He hasn't been running for ages, which is why he wanted to come along in group 1.  So now he decides to do our pace!  Boys!, they just have to show off and now he's paying the price.  Coming back to running you just have to plod along and work up to where you were before! You can't expect to be running 5 minute miles if you have not put in the training before hand! I say that to all my friends, all those that joined Group 0 when they were coming back from injury! Maybe 5 minute mileing is slightly fast, but you get what I mean.

We all just ran along around the same pace after that, just enjoying being out.  It was a bit cold, but running was keeping us warm.  Our next challenge for us all (the boys challenge was to run at our pace!) was to run up Goss Hill.  David had his determined face on, Trish, Simon and Tracy were ahead of him, I was at the back!  I failed the challenge, Tracey was also walking, although it looked like she powered walked it!  David and Trish ran the whole of the hill, and I think Simon did too!  I try to finish this hill with a run.  There is a certain point where I start running again, if I am not already running, and don't finish till I reach the top, it's tradition!  The others were all ready there, and I got to to top and couldn't speak.  I was sure I was about to chuck up chunks!  I was that bad!  But I just put that down to drinking on a school night!

We ran along the back of the school until we got to Botany Bay lane and the ran up to the track and the path.  We looked down both of them,  The bridle path or the pedestrian path, which should we take!  We decided to do a test.  David and Tracey ran along the people path while the rest of us ran along the horse path!  Who would get to the end first, who would have the cleanest shoes?!  Well, both paths had the sticky points, David was being every so cheeky describing how lovely and dry the people path was, which we squelched our way through the horsey path!  But then the we head the tell tale noises of "Eww," as they squelched through some sticky puddles, nearing the end Trish took off with me and Simon trailing behind her, and then we heard "Oh no! Thats just too sticky" as David and Tracey encountered the biggest of the puddles along their path.  it reached both sides of the path, so no creeping around the sides, and it stretched out about 5 foot or so, too far to jump over!  There was only one thing for it, they are going to have to come over to our side!  Just as they we negotiated the wire fence Trish reached the end of this particular bit of the the path first!  Not that we went into smug mode at all!

We ran along on the left path, the bridle path, till we got to the top of the hill.  This is where our 10k comes up from the field path!  We decided that we were going to run down here, following the 10k route in the opposite direction.  Although it had been raining, the paths were not too bad!  We could still get some good running in, with just a bit of picking our way around the puddles.

We were soon running back up towards the middle path and Dog Poo ally.  Our run done with, with some wonderful company, including the boys today.  I struggled with it this morning, especially with Goss hill, the whole almost chucking up thing going on.  But now, as I am sat here writing this I am still feeling yucky, and I am thinking that it is probably more!   I am at that age now, where women often reach for a fan, a pamphlet, strip off cardigans and try and cool down!  Today I seemed to be having a lot of these hot flushes!  Each one makes me feel slightly nauseous!  It's not nice, I am blaming 'that time of life' for feeling like I do today!

Geeky stats!

No comments:

Post a Comment