Monday 25 April 2016

Week 8 - Final Week For the Beginners!

Hello blog lovers.

So, it's finally finished.  The course!  Well over Thirty people stuck it to the end.  There were people who dropped out due to sickness, injuries, old injuries, life......in fact a life.......one of our beginners was busy growing one!  But to get to this far with over half the people that started is just brilliant!

Our session this week was easier than last week!  Because we were doing less running, so Michael pointed out!  We were going to be running for 28 minutes in total!  With 2 minutes walking break in the middle.  Last week of course, we ran for three lots of 10 minutes!

Sherry lead the session on Saturday, everyone was smiling, and looking so very pleased with all they have achieved.  No longer was they thinking 'I can't do this', most were thinking 'It's going to be tough, but I will do it!'  Such a long way from the 'I don't think I can run for 30 seconds let alone a minute'  which some of our beginners said!

The change in all of them is just so apparent.  Their attitude, the way the stand, their sleeping pattens, and this fantastic thing that is growing inside, the love of running, to achieve goals and to break PB's!  It's all there in their faces!  This is what I love seeing, this is why I will always volunteer to lead/help with the beginners course.  By the way, our next beginners course has already organised, advertised and even has quite a few names down already!  The 17th September, 09:00 at the rec!  We don't hang about!

So, until next week, graduation parkrun at Normans Park is the day the stop being called beginners, they will be called Graduates!  Although, from that very first moment they started to run for just that one minute they were called runners!


PETTS WOOD RUNNERS, BEGINNERS  SPRING 2016

So many new names to remember, so many new friends made, just to mention a few, Michael and Carole, Kayleigh, Abby, Rupalee, Kat, Tracey, just mention a few, and others who I have ran along side, chatting and laughing and have told me their name, several times, and still it's not in there (just wondering if I should own up to having fuzzy brain!)  And also a fantastic well done to my oldest pals, Tracy and Giulia, brillilant, just brilliant!  And Tanya,  just look at you!  You've perservered, you have endured the Wednesday sessions with me, (it's where I got my other nick name of Barbara from).  but look, you are no longer at the back, you are even encouraging others to the end!  Well done!   See you all at the park on Sunday!  (Some, I hope to see on Wednesday for homework session!)

Well done all,  Geeky stats for you

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such great information.It is informative, can you help me in finding out more detail on Beginners Running ,iam interested and would like to know more about this field and wanted to understand the basics of Fitness Experts

    ReplyDelete