Tuesday 26 July 2016

Club Run - Into The Woods!

Hello blog lovers.

Running! Yes I did some running!  But I should start off with my activities this morning, actually this mornings activities was also done yesterday!  I am talking about doing some exercises!  My first born daughter came home from America over the weekend to go to the funeral.  But she started this kick boxing boot camp thing in Chicago, a ten week intensive course.  But as she was over here for a few days her coach gave some 'away work' to do.

When she left to go back on Sunday I saw the list of exercises that she had to do,

20 Jumping Jacks
20 High Knees
20 Butt kicks
10 Squat jumps
20 Mountain Climbers
10 Push Ups
10 Sit ups
45 second plank ........................X 5!!

With no breaks between each exercise!

Well yesterday and today I only managed to do the set three times!  But I will keep pushing myself!  So that was this morning and this evening I am a little achy and my ankle still slightly sore after me falling of my wedges on Friday evening!!

My plan was to do the route we did last week, but on run the other side of the pond and in the opposite direction.  It is a perfect 3 mile route!  (I looked at my Garmin at the end of the run!)  I think LittleJ (Janet's nickname!) was pleased about that, well about not going to near the pond, she was bitten to pieces last week!  But she made sure that she covered herself in Jungle Formula this evening.

I couldn't believe it when I saw how many runners I would be leading this evening, a whopping 14 runners, and not all ladies either!  We had some that tried group 2, we have some newbies coming along after after babies, and yet another regular dragged her friend along because Tracey was on holiday!  (I thought us ladies only went in two's to the toilet!)   So after all the other groups went out we made our way to the Dog Poo Ally!

May ankle wasn't doing to bad, but then again, I was still running on the tarmac, the big test will be in the woods, with all the uneven ground, roots and stones to run over!  Once through the ally I turned left and we made our way down to the little stream.  I can't believe just how much light is already going.  I am sure when I first started running with the PWR's we spend most of the year in the woods, at least it felt like it anyway!  But now it seems the light is already fading!  Still, at least we can still run in the woods, and it looks as if it is finally drying up everywhere!

We were all keeping really well together, although again, I was running a tad faster than we should be!  I kept an eye on my Garmin the whole time, and when I did start running to fast I could slow down, I even had a couple of stops thrown in just so that we can catch our breath.  Fortunately it wasn't as warm as it was last week and it made all the difference really, because we were not strung out at all.

Once we got to the little river, I had a little break, then told everyone to run up to the gate at their own pace!  It's a cheeky fecker of a hill this one, steep, but it does give you a break once you get to the gate!  Just before you have to go up some more!  So up Botany Bay lane until we take the right hand bridle path along the top of the woods.  We were making brilliant progress, or at least I thought we were, because when I looked at my Garmin the date screens were completely different to what I usually have showing!  So either I have hit a button that I didn't realise or my Garmin has had a hissy fit and changed for no reason!  I shall sort it when I get home!

Nobody wanted to go the shorter way once we got to the top of the middle of the woods path.  We carried on along the top of the woods towards the road and followed the path along there.  I heard some shouting behind me and it was the call of  'Cyclists!' from the back of the group.  We all stood to the sides as we let a dog run passed us followed by his human on a bike with a blaring light!  He thanked us all as he went on by.

We continued our way along the path and to the Woodman's house and there taking up the path were cyclists, including the chap and his dog that we let passed.  I heard him say to his pals, "They called out 'cyclists' as if I were the black death or something" and then he said "Look out, Runners!" he said jokingly!  don't you just love people who are out there doing healthy activities!  They just seemed to be a hugely big friendly bunch of humans!

We had just a little further to the last down hill path to the ally where I send the faster runners off for their first sprint.  Just the the ally where they were to stop.  Then once we were all together and through the other side I sent them off for the last bit of whatever pace they wanted to go to get to the rec.

It was a great run, I actually really enjoyed it!  Some runs you just can't wait to get to the end off, some runs you just don't get to the end of, and then there are these runs, you just thoroughly enjoy!  This one was that one!

A great bunch of group 1'er's this evening!  I feel more positive now.  This extra weight is on its weigh out (did you see what I did there!?)

Geeky stats.  A perfect 3 miles, that really does my little quirkiness some good, having that so spot on!

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/1273970865' title='Group 1 run' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>



No comments:

Post a Comment