Tuesday 30 August 2016

Club Run - Back To Pavement Pounding!

Hello blog lovers.

I have just looked back on the last 10 days for my blogs.  From the 18th August until the 28th August, I have done 8 runs and 1 cycle ride (which I am still behind of writing up!)  That's nine activities in those ten days.  I had a lovely relaxing bank holiday yesterday, becoming very much the couch potato.  And today I am here running again with my club.!  Thats just daft! Even I know that I should have a rest day!  Just as well I had yesterday off really!

So it was no surprise to me that I have some aches and pains showing themselves. The route I had planned had a few undulations in there, and it's all going to be on the pavements.  It's too dark in the woods now, even to just touch on it for a short while.  Our route was one of the old winter routes, the first one that our new group 1 did.  At least there, if I have some faster group 1's then I will do some hill training.....in fact.....I think we should all do a bit of hill training anyway!

There were 14 of us today, and the lovely LittleJ is back with us.  and we also a new face with us too, a lady coming back from injury, she is doing it the proper way, working her way through the groups until she gets back to her preferred pace.

When we come out of the rec we turned left and the ran along to the end of the road.  Then we turned right to run up the hill!  The biggest hill first, get it out of the way!  That was a toughie.  Still warming up and then we had to run up the hill to the very top!  It's a  great cardio workout thats for sure.  I took a stopping break there, mainly because I needed it myself.  "I used to like you" said one oour group "I don't even like me!" I said as struggled to gain control of my breathing!

I took them to Tilligbourne Green,  I like this little route, it has the cheeky little hill to do some practise pushing yourselves just a bit.  And that's what I did with them.  Three times up and down the hill to get them all fitter and stronger for when it's move up week and then feel they want to go 'explore' group 2.

I did two reps of the hill before the pain in the hip showed up!  It was anything two painful, but it certainly made it's presence known!  I just grinned and bared it for the rest of the run from the hill.  Most of the others did the 3 reps with just a couple of ladies staying at the top with me.

The way home was pretty much uneventful.  I did try rally troupes from group 1 to try  doing the Assembly league on Thursday evening and I would join them if they did.  But as they didn't have enough of group one to come along  I decided that I wouldn't go along either.  But  there are maybe 2 going from group 1 so not too bad! Oh well, maybe next Year

The down hill and the up hill of Petts Wood Road was tough, and we still had just a mile to do!  "Just go for it, Old Girl"  I said to myself, and then found all the excuses of why I should be walking.  I got the front runners to run down Little Thrift while the others at the back had a chance to catch up.  And then it was just a few roads along before we were finished.  My hip wasn't liking it, the slight ache in my knees had gone, so silver linings and all that!  But with just a few hundred meters to the rec I pushed and pushed as far as I can  to finish the run.  It was a tough one, but I still had fun!

I am literally falling asleep as I write this.  So I am going to upload the geeky stats and not write anymore.  I don't think I have missed anything.


                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment