Tuesday 2 August 2016

Club Run - Out And Back

Hello blog lovers.

After a fantastic weekend with Kirsty, my friend J.J.'s daughter, I am back to running!  The weekend we had was at WOMAD, my first festival and camping trip (although I am told that it was 'glamping')  I can only guess that sleeping on a sun lounger is more luxurious than on on the floor of a tent!  But still, sleeping was difficult, the first night hardly any sleep at all!  But the subsequent nights I did manage to sleep.  You will probably notice that I say 'I didn't sleep' or 'I managed to sleep'  it's because Kirsty had actually been giving a hospital bed!  All the young adults that cam along with St. Christopher's to Festival Spirit had hospital beds, and all the nurses and carers and I had these camp beds!  Here, this is Kirsty in her bed with mine next to her.  She did find this most amusing!
Kirsty comfy on her
bed.  Mine is that one
on the right!
Our stripy tent!

Anyway, we had a great weekend, music, food, beer and making some lovely friends!  But that all took it's toll on my body, and I am not even going to go into the 'potty' times! (or lack of!)  Those that came along this evening did get all the graphic details!  It's the sort of thing we talk about!.......or I talk about!  So I was feeling rather bloated (although there was some relief finally this afternoon!)  I turned up at the rec after popping in to see Kirsty and J.J. and Little.J.  and then the three of us said goodbye to Kirsty and we walked to the rec.

All the leaders said their bit, routes, times etc and then we all gathered at our posts, literally these days, with the numbered posts.  And then we were off.  J.J. suggested running through Jubilee Park as it had been raining today.  I knew there were a couple of people returning to running after being out for a while, so going through the woods wasn't a good idea.  You really need to concentrate.  And also it's getting darker in the evening!  I cant believe it!  where has that time gone!

So out and back to Blackbrook Lane.  At least we are still going through a park, away from traffic mostly! This does include one bridge to get over!  A little bit of a challenge!  Run up it and then walk down the other side.!  Our pace was a pretty steady pace, I kept a close eye on my Garmin to make sure that I didn't actually go over the advertised pace, which is 12 m/mi+ (what ever the slowest runner is)  We don't stand on ceremony, but I do encourage them to push just a little harder when it needs it!

We were all pretty tight, however, even though on the odd occasion i checked my Garmin and we were running at Group 2's fastest advertised pace!  I slowed it down a bit, and even took some stopping breaks.  I sent those that wanted to run a little fast up ahead of me once we got near Bickley Manor Hotel.  Then we caught them up after just a couple of minutes later.

On the way back we were all warmed up, it seemed that it was quicker on the way back.  Even getting up over the bridge seemed easier.  That 'Ouchy burning' feeling in the thighs didn't seem to happen this time.  We got back still as a nice tight unit.  Running down hill on Great thrift and Hazlemere road we picked up the pace again, running at group 2's advertised pace!  Woo hoo!  We could so keep up with them these days!  That must to twice in too weeks we have ran a good pace!

It was all too quick today.  so quick, I felt like I had another mile or so left in me,  but I guess it's not good to push group 1 to do another mile......not yet anyway!

Geeky stats for you!





No comments:

Post a Comment