Sunday 14 August 2016

Core Training At The Rec!

Hello blog lovers

My blog is a little late, I know, now lets see if I can drag everything out of my brain cell to lay down on my blog!  It has been three days!

Olivia was leader on Thursday evening, and she is very fit!  She has been doing the 22 Push up challenge for her charity choice, MIND. She can complete 22 push-ups in, I'm sure, less than 22 seconds! And not the easy version like the ones that I do!

So there we were, about 16 of us ready to battle with bulge, at least that is what I am there for!  It was a lovely evening too, after a very pleasant day spent with my grandson, (read previous blog!) We started off  with usual 2 laps of the rec, and after the warm up drills we went into the running exercises.

And this is why I normally write everything down straight away, because I can't remember what was first!  My memory is like Swiss cheese!  Lets just write down what I remember!  There was this running thing, between to lines of cones.  We had to run up to the top cones then run back to the beginning and then do 1 press-up! That was it. Sounds easy right! Well after that we had to run back to the top cones and then come back and do 2 press-ups, and then 3...... We had to continue this until Olivia said it was half way and then we had to work down, from where ever it was we got to, whether it was 10 press-ups or 5.  It was a great work out! And then we did it again, but it was squats instead of press-ups!

We continued with the core work outs but without the running. We just gathered into a circle and we did crunches, and bicycle crunches and planks!  All for a minute!  It was great fun!  Can you see what I'm writing here, I really enjoy trying to conquer my fitness and fatness issues!  When I'm doing it!  I just got go get back to doing more often!

We finished with the relays of course, I do love relays, and I was so pleased that I was in a group of non speedsters!  I noticed that Carole and Michael were in with the speedsters and they were still gaining breath when the baton was thrust back into their hands!

Yeah, it was a good work out.  Love the summer evening get together!

parkrun

So, all of the workout, I wonder how I would do on a parkrun!  Answer to that is.....not particularly well!  It's doing parkruns that you notice your fitness level and how it can change over the course of the weeks, months years.  Whether it is getting faster as you train real hard or, as in my case, getting slower!  

I know m head hasn't really been entirely focused on my running, and I just feel so glad that I have a club to go to, having a commitment to be somewhere, is what is keeping me running right now.  I know that if I didn't have my club to run with then my running really would just slide into oblivion!

I almost turned over and went back to sleep! If it wasn't for Naggy Neighbour sending me a text I probably would have done.  This is what I am talking about, running just for me, that's what I got to get back into my head.  But I was up, into my running gear and out of the door.  

We arrived at the park and then made our way to the other side for the start line, it's back to summer time route, so twice round the park and then run to the funnel!  We started out at the back, when the 'off' was given we started running.  Naggy started to pull away before we even got to the first corner!  I was going to try my best to just keep going.  Trying not to think about how far it was, trying to ignore my sore feet, legs and full stomach and chatting as I ran along chatting to Carole.  It helped. But then my legs started to feel heavy, and the ankles and feet complained!  I seriously need to get some good solo running done!  Get my mojo back to where it should be!

I ran/walked my way around the course, telling myself off.  It was like back in the beginning where I 'beat myself up' and I know that is not the way that I work well!  'It is what it is' is what I should be thinking, and then just working a little harder each time from there.

My parkrun time was under 40 mins.....just....39:17 official time!  Not my fastest, not my best....but I was glad I got out and run!  So much better than just laying in bed wishing I had done it!

Geeky stats.

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/1301234403' title='parkrun Bromley' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>



No comments:

Post a Comment