Thursday 25 August 2016

Double Double!

Hello blog lovers

What a beautiful day it was today.  And for me, and a few other PWR's it started early!  Yup, you heard, this Old Girl got up early to start the day with a run!  Well, it was early for me, I know that people start work the same time, the Old Boy for instance and others, you can tell that by the traffic on the road!  I even spotted a friend of mine on his way to work on his bike!  And yet there I was just going to park up my car to start my day with a run!  Perfect really.

The chat in the chat box was all about getting up early to beat the heat, I found myself agreeing to it!  I text Wendimoo and she was up for it too!  So that was that, I didn't have any kids to look after so it a run was just what I was looking forward to. Come this morning though and the Old Boy reminded what I had agreed too I turned into a moody teenager, even shaking my legs saying "No I want to sleep!"  It lasted just for a few minutes!  Then I was up and dressed into my running gear, ready to do battle with the bulge(s)!

When I got there Wendimoo was already there, and Ralph and a few others, Trish turns up with the rather lush looking car! Crazy eh, all us lot here ready to run at 8 in the morning, just so that we can beat the heat!  Ralph and maybe Viral were even going to do the 9:30 session as well, as some of them couldn't make it at 8:00!

Mine and Wendimoo's route was just around Petts Wood, and Hawkwood, the usual one, as both she and I are looking for mojos!  Even at 8 this morning it was still pretty warm and by the time we got into the woods, and half way up the hill by the rail lines, heading towards the road, I was sweating!  Wendimoo was on top form, with her chatting.  Oh how much have I missed her chat.  It just helps you stay focused, even if I can only answer a one word sentence to her conversation.

Our route was the usual loop around past the woodmans house, top of the woods and then along the path to the top of Goss hill.  That Goss Hill bit felt pretty good, all the running down! I must try and turn the feelings around, and enjoy running up these blimmin hills too!  As we were running up the hill towards the rail lines we spoke to a dog walker, and told her all about our beginners group!  Well, when you run with the best club you just help yourself from wanting to share the love.

I was pretty hot, very sticky and in need of a shower by the time we got to Dog Poo Alley!  And the thing that makes this run even better, is the fact that I have time go home and have a shower before going to see Kirsty!  Brilliant!

Geeky stats.


Speed and Core!

This is a double double, so of course I went out this evening for the core session.  It was the Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove today, aka Illustrious Leader.  I had it in mind to try and push past everything that hurts and just keep going on all the running sections and the core sessions.  No wimping out!

So after the usual 2 laps around the green, with the fabulous company of SingstarJo.....yes she is back to running!......we went straight into the drills to really warm our muscles up, side steps, skipping and Illustrious Leaders favourite, 'the ministry of silly walks'  or as I.L. calls it The Chewing Gum Scrape!  It's quite an amusing sight really!

Then we did 'Running around the Cricket Field', 'non p.c.' set up of boys against girls!  The boys even had a bigger circle to run around too!  But alas they still won!  After that it was some core training.  I think I.L. had her 'Hard Core' head on today as she had planned for 2 minutes of each discipline.  Squats, push-ups, lunges, planks and a new one called the wall!  Two minuets, two whole minutes holding a plank.  DiscoRich managed to talk her down to just 1 minute of each discipline!  We are hard core, but......but nothing really, just but!

The last running section was the 4x4 relay running.  Two teams of four running approx 100ms before handing over the baton.  It was a timed thing rather than how many times around we did.  But I really did try and push myself to run that extra bit faster!  Especially when I heard.....oh darn it, I have forgotten his name,......running behind me getting nearer and nearer!

We ended up with some favourite stretches to keep our muscles nice and flexible and then finished for the evening.

a brilliant days running and training, on a beautiful evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment