Tuesday 13 September 2016

Club Night - Phew What A Scorcher!

Hello blog lovers.

My goodness, what sort of weather is this in September, hitting the 30's, us Brits are just not used to it!  But that didn't stop us from turning up to run for a few miles!

I was feeling a bit tired, I had been for a bike ride in the morning, about 19 miles!  Up hill!  My legs were not friends with the rest of me!  I still had my run to do though, there's not a lot that can keep me away from my club run.

As it was warm though I decided to do a fairly easier route, the one we did last week.  Just that one hill at the beginning that is steeper than the rest of the undulations!  We had a new person with us, and a returnee!  Both of them did well up that hill!

I kept a keen eye on my Garmin to make sure that I wasn't going too fast, which I was when I was chatting to people!  I seem to forget myself and just run with the rythem of us chatting!  But as soon as I saw that I was running a tad fast I slowed down.  I then come up with my cunning plan!  For those that want to run ahead of me that is fine.  They can run to the next corner, or to the end of the road, but then they will have to run back to me!  Not only just to me, they will have to run to the back of the group and then work their way back to where they want to be!  Evil, nah, I am just making sure that everyone has a good run!

With fourteen of us running we were quite a big group.  I decided that I would change the route slightly and continue up towards the Off License, we were going to go down Beaumont road.  It's a nice road, slightly undulating and it just feels like we are getting closer to the end of our run.  I also decided to run past the pub, The Day Light Inn, only because Jenny's friends said they would be there sipping on their beer!  Sometimes it good to show off to your mates, not quite sure Jenny thought she was showing off though!

I could have taken them on the unddulation of Woodland Way, Greath Thrift etc, but I think we had all done quite well, it was warm, very warm and I didn't want anyone to feel ill including me!  So I lead them down Petts Wood Road and then back along Crossways!  Three miles done!  A great run!

Geeky stats, and I am missing bits as I was fiddling about with my watch trying to take off the auto pause!  I failed by the way lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment