Tuesday 4 October 2016

Club Run - Long Sleeves!

Hello blog lovers.

It's club night tonight, and its the first time my long sleeve jumper has come out!  I hate being cold.  Running while you are cold is not good either,  the run up the hill on Kingsway will warm us up.  It will blow the cobwebs away!  It's also move up week, and as it happens one of our beginners decided that she would 'move up' too.  Although I think it was a case of mis-communications, she was expected the 'homework' running and not the usual club night running.  But give her her due she didn't back off and decided not to go home with out trying and she came along to see if she could do it.

I chose a fairly flatish route apart from the hil.......ooops undulation up Kingsway.  I shall have a break at the top for catch up.  Our route from there is along to Petts Wood Memorial and over the walking bridge.  We were splitting into two little groups so the front group with me did loop backs.  Janet, J.J. and Auriol were wonderful sweepers and were taking turns in being at the back so that everyone had a good run.  It worked really well.  All nine of us were keeping fairly tight together, the loop backs work really well.  And also, if I need to cut short the route the loop backs will make up the distance!

We ran like that all the way to Shepperton, I decided that I would change the route and turn left down Ryecroft instead of going the whole length of Shepperton, it's a slight incline going all the way along there.  With the loop backs I know we shall make our 3 miles.  Once we were on the other side of the road, ready to run down Tudor way I asked everyone if they wanted to do a short run or longer run.  In the end we did actually split in to two little groups.  I had to put my leaders head on and decide.  It's blimmin hard being a leader as I do try and please everyone.  But a leader is what I am so I was grateful that J.J. and Janet ran with our beginner back to the rec taking a shorter route while I took the others along the undulations of Woodside, Great Thrift and Hazelmere.

And boy did they run.  Tanya seem to be well into the zone as she kept the pace going leading the way.  It was virtually non stop from here till we got to the rec.  Tanya later told me that she was thirsty and just wanted to get back so she could get a drink!  But it was a great run.  At least our beginner knows the pace that she has to aim for and the distance.  It's parkrun distance, exactly what we are training all our beginners to get to.

Here is our geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment