Tuesday 20 December 2016

Christmas Festive WooWoo!

Hello blog lovers.
Group 1 girls and boy!

Well this is the last Tuesday club run before the big day!  I do love Christmas, everyone is in good spirits.....or is that just me? And talking of spirits, for a little festivee cheer a couple of us bought along a little sample in a couple of hip flasks! So me and J.J. supplied the festive cheer.

Well, it's Christmas!  I got Tracy to pick me up and we drove to Jayne's house.  Wendimoo was already there and LittleJ turned up just after us!  Oh, yes,  this will be Wendimoo's last Tuesday club run!  She is moving  oop north the day after Christmas!  We shall so miss her so much! So another reason to bring along a last little drinky to our Wendimoo!

I decided on the 'Pistol Route'  It looks like a 'starters pistol!  Get ready, get set, go! for Christmas!  Are you all ready!?  I was hoping that there were going to be some lovely lights in the gardens and houses for us to enjoy. I know there were a few good displays along Crescent Drive, but I'm sure  there's not as many as there has been!  There were quite a few PWR's this evening in fancy dress, or Santa and elves hats, or dressed as puddings, and sparkly skirts!  Any excuse for a dress up and we are there!  I had my Santa hat on!  I may just invest in a sparkly skirt!  I am sure I say that every year!

After all the leaders gave out their routes we were on our way!  I led them out of the rec and then turned right towards Petts Wood road.  We were going to get the hill.....ooops the incline our of the way in the beginning.  It will be a good warm up but if we are not warmed up once we reach the top then at least we can have a bit of a rest and 'snifter' from the couple of flasks!  Either Jack Daniels or Harvey's Bristol Cream! Very warming!  At first everyone was a bit shy, but for those that were not driving back home after our run, well we soon got into the festive spirit!  In fact some even had a sample of both!  We invented a new cocktail!  The Christmas WooWoo.

Now I shall tell you where the 'WooWoo' came from!  Once we were at the top of the hill, and having a little festive rest. Liz had come up with this idea of a 'mexican wave' with all 12 of us in group 1 today.  When we come across some really cool looking Christmas lights we were to 'do' the Mexican wave!  Starting from us in the front going backwards!  What else can you do on a festive run!  Once we were suitable 'warmed' up we continued our way, running  the other side of the 'barrel' of our starter pistol route!  It's virtually all down hills and flat now.  But we still found good reason to stop and take a nice warming drink!

I think everyone on our route could hear us as we 'WooWooed' our way around.  Every  festive lights we see we mexicaned waved our little hearts out!  It really was such a fun run today, and a warming run!  I am glad that it was such a good one, just to remind our Wendimoo what a great club we are, and great mates we've become.  That way she just has to come back and see us!  And she can also run our own 10k in October, it will be great training for when she does the London Marathon in 2018!

We got back to the rec all in good spirits, pun intended!  And still with a great festive air about us!  I can't believe this is the last time before Christmas now!  I am so looking forward to the day itself, I am a big kid when it comes to Christmas!  Watching all my kids and grandkids opening their presents, and the Old Boy!  Huge turkey dinner, lovely cooked by the Old Boy!  Family all around, silly games, sharing, laughing, playing, talking, loving!  Yup, I love this festive time of year!  God bless you all and have a very merry Christmas!

Geeky stats.  Oh and how many times have I written 'festive' in this blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment