Tuesday 14 February 2017

Love Is All Around Us.

Hello blog lovers.

It's a love run!  Valentines evening, what were you doing today!  Well, there were seven of us finding the love for running!  And what a run it was.  I like to keep things a little different, throwing in a new route every so often, doing hill reps or, like this evening, doing one of our routes in the opposite direction.  The route I chose to flip around is our easier route, mainly because the long undulations are going down!  Flipping this route over and the long undulations are going up!

That is where the love is!  We have to learn to love the hills, all though with me it's a fine balance, and to be totally honest its more on the hate side!  I know hills are good for us, the build up stamina and muscles, as long as you don't go silly, flat arsed up the hills, then they will do you tons of good! We ARE going to feel the love on this run I know it!

We were the last out of the rec this evening, and we turned left.  We are going up Crossways, the turning left again to follow the long road around.  It's undulating, it has the longer hill going up when we go this way, this will clear out a few cobwebs that's for sure.  There was also a newbie with us today, she has done running before, but she is getting back to it.  Well, if she gets up here and still smiling then I would think she will be back!

It was a steady plod, no one gave up, we all ran the whole way, the whole mile!  Brilliant!  I still didn't find the love of hills, but I did notice that I got up there and I wasn't puffing out my backside so much!  Well that's good, I love that fact.  I love the fact they we all got up to here in one go, so there's another bit love!  And I love that fact that Michael and Carole are running together!  Now that really is love going on there!  Carole came in group 1 to run with Michael although last week she ran with group 2, well she said she loved the hill, even giving a fist punch in the air "I loved it" she said.  Not bad for feeling the love for the first mile!

We ran on past the pub, we didn't go over the troll bridge this time, not yet anyway.  We ran all the way to Tudor way and then turned right to the round about!  This is flat, this is nice, everyone can feel the love for this bit of the route.  Once we got to the end of Tudor way we ran left and headed for Shepperton.  It was then that I said to Michael that we actually should have gone up St Johns Road, and run through Little Thrift, but that it will be fine because we can do a little extra once we got back to the rec.  I actually planned on doing this. Because I had an idea.  And I hope it turns out just right.  But we shall see, when I look at the geeky stats.

The ladies, who were J.J., LittleJ, Pei, Natasha, Carole and of course our only gentleman, Michael, noticed that this route, ran this way round, is slightly harder.  It's just the way the hills go,  ooops, the undulations go.  But I think also it depends on your own condition on the day.  If you haven't eaten right, or slightly under the weather, or even, like Carole and Michael, done a long run just a couple of days ago, you will notice that your body sometimes just doesn't want to run!  As for me today, well I have had Saturday off, and Sunday and Monday off!  My body had all knitted up again and was ready for soe more running.  I think J.J. said that I was running quite fast today!

I kept an eye on everyone, slowed down to make sure everyone stayed together, not that we were wide spread, we were running quite tightly together really.  We kept on seeing on of the other groups out running too, they must be looking for the love too, we were talking a brief stop.  You know, a proper brief stop, to talk about the right way to run up hills, and use arms, and keep a steady pace going........well that's what we said out loud when the other group passed us lot as we stood still on the corner, we even cheered them as they ran passed! We soon started running again though, all the way to Lakeswood road, where there on the corner was the other group, stood still, obviously having a briefing as well!  But then they cheered us!  Now, there is some more love!

We were nearly back now, just about half a mile or so to go.  We ran around Crestview to the car park by the walking bridge.  A quick brief to everyone about the keeping quiet, running softly over the bridge and then we were no stop running again.  We just had Kingsway to do, which is down hills, now everyone one does love a down hill, and then straight back to the rec.  With just the last little bit to run around the green, just to make up the distance (as I told the others) and then our run was over!

Everyone, and I mean everyone, loves the finish!  Evenyone loves the fact they did it, and it's over and the sweat, the aching muscles tommorrow will only go to remind us of a very lovely run!

So Geeky stats, and a little picture of the extra bit on the rec!  Not quite perfect, but then, we love imperfections, it makes us all unique!

This little heart, outlined in pink, was the extra bit
I think I did pretty well as it dark!, Oh and
Michael was the only one to follow me!


No comments:

Post a Comment