Thursday 16 February 2017

U Turn At The Track!

Hello Blog Lovers!

You probably noticed that I am only writing about one activity today. I couldn't go out running this morning as I had workmen in.  I am now the proud owner of a new front door and two new windows!  My door looks lush!  And at least it now locks and shuts properly now!  But they were here for most of the day, so there was no running at all.  I only just finished cleaning up by 7:30 and I went straight upstairs to get changed for running!  Let me tell you, I was so needing it!

I got to the track just a couple of minutes before PhysicoMikeTheMod started to call us together to get the session started.  It was a session that we have done before, the marathoners love this particular session!  It's tough.  So for me, doing my half marathon, it will be perfect!  The session was for a 15 minute tempo run, but we were to do a lap and 3/4 and then head out of the stadium(?), is that what this place is called? We ran across the car park and out of the park taking a left turn.  Some of the runners will get to the pub with the rest of the field filling in the gap. I will be at the back......for 'out' bit.  But after 7 and half mins we do a U turn and then head back to the track and then continue to run until the 15 minutes is up.

 It was ok, I did it. and I actually got out of the park and started up the road before we had to turn around.  I wonder if I would be able to do that when we do the tempo run again after the session on the track!  I made a mental note of how far I had got before the U turn, I will try my hardest to get there again.

The session was 3 minutes running with 90 seconds rest times four!  But to mix it up a bit we ran in one direction for 90 seconds and the PhysioMikeTheMod blew the whistle and we did a U turn and ran back to the start.  There's method in the madness, because, just like the tempo run, we should all finish at the start at the same time! Well that was theory!  I started at the start line, and I finished at the start line.....I am not being a 'teachers pet' here, but some of the others didn't quite get there.....mind you, some of the ran slightly passed the start line....they are real swots!

That was good, I did all the running and of course I did all the resting I could!  After the last 3 min run we had a break. But we were at the wrong start line!  PhysioMikeTheMod had a plan!  And it involved running, (of course) running the 200 meters to our usual start line!  I kind of slinked out the back of the pack and ran kind of slowly in the opposite direction as Mike was explaining how to get them all over there quickly!  Well, I got there slowly, I still did a bit of running, but just not as fast as the rest of them!

We started our second 15 min tempo run, doing the same as we did earlier.  Round the track once, then round the track again but for that last 100 meters because we ran outside the track and tried to get to the same spot we did before!  So, as I was doing the 1 and 3/4 laps I was having to do mental arithmetic.....I can't even spell it properly let alone trying do the math after a session.  But I think I figured out that I had to turn around once my watch said 45:30 mins, that's what I was going with any, maths was never my forte!  I ran out of the track, I ran along by the football fields and managed to get to the gate and even turned left! I didn't quite get as far as I did last time!  But I was so pleased that I actually got out of the park!

I was slower running back into the park and back to track though.  I even had a teeny tiny walk! (Don't tell Mr. S........who was at track today, it was good seeing him back at track!) When I entered the track PhysioMikeTheMod was just by corner waiting for us.  He was calling out, a running commentary!  Funnily enough it did spur me on, I found a little bit of energy left.  Before I got to the gate I had thought about just running to the usual start line, but running straight up passed the building, but after I heard them cheering me I just had to go the way that Mike had said.  round the the track in a clockwise direction!  And so I finished the session.  I ran just as long as as everyone else, (not the distance) and I was even in front of everyone else!  Only on track can that happen!  I loved this evenings session, and apparently I was even smiling at some point!

Geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment