Monday 20 March 2017

Beginners Week 3

Hello blog lovers!

I know I am a little late with my blogs, but I have a a lovely family style weekend.  But I still managed to get to lead the beginners on Saturday!  I just love do this for my club!  I know I have said it before but giving back just a little something to a club that has giving me so much is just such a great pleasure! I do it with a huge smile on my face and I hope with tons of enthusiasm.......just not to much, I don't want to look manic!

So Saturday was, as the Old boy would say, a soft day.  The heavy mist was hardly inspiring and that chill, where did that come from!  We had some lovely sunshine during the week and I really thought that we were coming out of the cold winter days, but it feels as if it's still  struggling to keep us all in our 'big coats'!  But that didn't stop our beginners coming out!  There were at least 30 or so ready to 'keep on running!'  I was leading  last Saturday, and was so looking forward to it too, although I had forgotten to pick up my whistle! Fortunately Sherry loaned me hers, otherwise I would have to rely on my own special style of whistle, and believe me, you wouldn't want to be too close with unprotected ear drums when I whistle!

After a quick chat with everyone and the brisk walk, twice around the rec, and the usual drills we were ready to begin our running session.  This week we were running for the same amount of time as we were walking.  It's like a mile stone because after this week the 'scales' start to tip the other way, more running that walking!

The first running rep went pretty well, too well!  I was chatting with one group who had hurt herself, and I was trying to give some advice and stuff, of course I didn't hear the delicate little 'ping' noise that my Garmin makes and we carried on running for at least another 30 or so seconds!  It doesn't sound a lot, but you close your eyes for that long and try and walk in a straight line down the high street and you soon realise that it's quite a long time doing that! Being the perfect leader though, I still kept to the time, on my Garmin, so we only walked for 2:28 minutes!  I think I got away with it!  It's just as well it was on the first one though, I don't think I would have got away with on the last rep!

After my blunder I kept a firm eye on my Garmin, and always reminded by Michael!  He can remember from this time last year when I did exactly the same!  I guess it's a great testimony really, that when you begin running that first minute seems to be so tough, but the longer you run the minutes seem to just fly by and you don't even notice it! (Can you tell that I am really trying to justify my neglectfulness of the time here!)  But it is true, but only by practise, and patience and building up slowly, and of course to keep it going!

We ended with some stretches and a quick chat!  A great session and it's so great to be watching another group of people on their way to achieving their goal!






No comments:

Post a Comment