Tuesday 14 March 2017

Club Run - With lead Legs!

Hello blog lovers.
My legs!

Oh my goodness!! Somebody please give me back my proper legs!  I can't move with these lead filled ones! I couldn't move this morning, I think I must have ran pretty well last night, with JennyLongLegs, because this morning I felt like I did way back in 2008!  That first year of running I did nothing my ache!  Sometimes it was just a mild ache other times, when I tried harder, I ached pretty much for the whole day!  This morning I felt like the latter!  Aching like I had already done my half marathon! Getting up of a chair, or from my knees, of bending over!  It was all such an effort and achy!  I wasn't quite sure how I was going to do at club run this evening, I think the easier of our routes will be what I shall be doing!

I met up with the girls at J.J.s house and we all walked to the rec together, me, J.J. and LittleJ.  There were quite a few people this evening.  Our club is getting bigger!  It's probably just as well that not all  our members turn up on a Tuesday, we could take over the whole park! Anyway, there we were.  DiscoRich was doing the honours of announcements today and called me up straight away to present my route to everyone.  In quick succession the leaders of groups 2, 3, 4......all the way to 11 gave there routes out and then we went to our posts!  A perfect system!

After a count up, there were 10 of us by the way, I thought there was no point in hanging about we should just get going.  As soon as we started running so did another group!  We almost mingled in with them!  So with my leg filled legs I tried to look at leader-ish as I could possible could!  But the noises coming out of me gave away how I was really feeling, "ohhh, geeezzzz" or something like that, but my goodness, my legs didn't want to run!  I just sucked it up and tried to look as 'professional' as I could.  We turned right out of the park and then took the next right, which was up hill! In my role of expert leader I said "For all those that want to run at their own pace up here then do so, either top there or come back to us once you reach the top"  You see, I was giving all those that want a good work out, a little bit of a challenge a chance to put some effort in!  The fact that I was at the back helping to sweep didn't matter!  They didn't know, they think that I am giving them a free time to be in front of the the leader!.......Actually they did know...because I didn't stop moaning!

But that is pretty much how todays run was going to be.  Me sending on the faster runners ahead while I languished at the back taking it a bit easier on myself!  Another perk of being a leader, apart from choosing the routes, it's a case of 'Do as I say, not as I do!'  But we still had a good run.  All the way along Crest View and onto Crescent Drive I kept the front runners doing their own pace while I either kept up with them (sometimes) or mostly at the middle and back!

We ran around to Shepperton Road and then the front runners had the whole of Shepperton to run at their own pace to the main road.  I was going to take them right along Towncourt Lane and then left over the bridge to Beaumont.  I really didn't want to do the Great Thrift loop, did that yesterday!  And besides, it's all been done up along there, health and safety, I have to keep my group safe!  Yes, I know I could get them to run on the other side of the road, but, yea, but, no but, yea but.....but it's darker that side of the street.  That's all I am saying about that!  (I bet you read that bit in a  Vicky Pollard and then Forest Gump voice, if not I bet you gone back and read it again in those voices!)

It was a brilliant run!  I enjoyed it, and I surprised myself that I could at least still run!  But now I just got to keep it going. at least one long run a week, even after the half marathon.  I must keep it going.  Then when I do another half I will be able to breeze through it!......ok, at least get through it looking as if I enjoyed it!

Geeky stats for you all

No comments:

Post a Comment