Wednesday 29 March 2017

Club Run

Hello blog lovers.

Ok, so I am a little late in posting and there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for that, which is.......I have only just written it!

So yesterday it was club run, everyone loves a club run, especially those coming back from months of injury or illness!  And yesterday we had a few!  I decided to do the easy route, the flatish one, just to ease everyone back in.  There were ten of us in group 1, the usual, J.J. and LittleJ, Michael and Carole and five others, which included Sara and Tracy!  I said to Tracy who is coming back to Tuesday night running that if she really struggles then she can always bail out at her house, because that's where our route was going.  I had a sneaky suspicion that our two sweepers wouldn't let that happen.  We are all just to good at motivating and encouraging our group 1's to keep on going!

Group 1 is all about 'just see how I can do' before moving on to group 2 and beyond.  It''s also about, I can do this running lark because look at me in a running club!  That's we were do at PWR.  I just so love our Tuesday running, and leading, and being part of a great team.  It's what keeps me running, especially on a Tuesday and Saturday....and and Thursday!  I know I still am a blog down.....I went out running last Thursday and still not blogged it!  I was late to meet up with everyone so I ended up running by myself!  Anyway, back to yesterdays running.

We were all running pretty well, that first (and only) little incline out of the way at the very beginning, and then it's flat ish all the way.  It's a great opportunity to be able to stretch your legs and push out a little harder, or to just keep plodding along in the group.  I always send out the faster runners to a a point in front, get them to run there and then turn around and come back to the back of the pack.  It works really well and we all can stay together.

It was a fabulous run, fun, chatty and some good running done.  Sara looked ecstatic to be back running!  So here's to some more quality running with our new and older members of PWR!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment