Thursday 30 March 2017

Doing a Double!

Hello blog lovers

I finally did track again after about 2 or 3 weeks of not doing it!  And I really enjoyed it!  But first it was all about the morning!  What a morning it was too.  The sun was out, the sky was blue, birds tweeting, it was just perfect. I was so looking forward to going in the woods with my pals.

I met up with all the other Thursday morning peeps, the fast peeps, the middlers and then us lot!  In my group this morning it was J.J, K, PinkladyJo and Tracy. DavidB also started off with us too.  He is coming back from injury and just wanted to go at a nice sedate, shorter distance run.  Well that is deffo us in my group. We did say to him that we are slow runners, and maybe he could consider joining the middle group, but he still wanted to come along with us.

We all set off together, but the faster ones soon stretched out their lead even before we left the rec, and we plodded onwards to the woods.  We went through Dog Poo Ally and then I let everyone know where we were going.

Up and up, is where we were going.  Taking the middle path through the woods and running right up to the top.  Me J.J and DavidB were up the front with K. Tracy and PinkladyJo at the back just picking away at the yards and yards going up and up to the top. As we were waiting for the three ladies to catch us up we saw the faster group come from the right, they had broken away from the faster faster group and were now the middle group.  DavidB decided that we would continue his run with them instead.  I think he should have listened to us in the first place when we said we would be a nice sedate running pace! Actually, he did the right thing, always when you are coming back from injury or from a long gap, you should always start off a a lower, slower paced group than you used to when you were running.  It's like trying on new clothes, always go for the bigger sizes first, and then if they are too big you can go for the smaller sizes and feel really good!

So after DavidB went off with them we carried on our run which took us up yet another hill.  Even though we were at the top of the woods,I took them up yet another hill, through the road with the lovely houses!  They really are such beautiful homes, but their road is all up hill!  Hills are our friends, right!

That was the last of the hills though and we just had the nice flat bit of Scadbury park to do cross back over the road to our woods and down to Dog Poo ally. It was lovely.  A very warm run and I really enjoyed it!

Geeky Stats

Thursday Track.

The temperature was still so very warm!  It's almost like summer! The temperature gauge in my car said 17 degrees, that's pretty warm to what we have been used to!  PhysioMikeTheMod was away this weekend, something about Paul Weller, so CoachHels was taking the reins this evening, with PMTM's instructions!  

The track was very busy when I got there, there seemed to be loads of youngsters on the track.  Maybe the lighter evenings they are allowed to come out for longer.  But my goodness were they speedy!  We started our warm up lap, which was a ten minutes warm up run at marathon pace!  I am not sure how slow I would have to run to get to my marathon pace, but I decided to just run a nice steady 10 minutes, see if I could keep it up.  

When CoachHels blew her whistle.......which by the way, was actually a dog whistle!  When she blew that I couldn't help wonder if all the dogs that were possibly nearby suddenly had the urge to sit, or heel, or lay down!  We started our 10 mins as soon as she blew the whistle, for just those few short seconds I am running with everyone else, then the field starts to stretch out, from the speedsters all the way down to little old me!  But I am sure that the teenagers that were also using the track with their coaches could run loops around our speedsters.  They seemed to just pelt down the straights like lightening bolts!  It's insane how fast they seem to run!  You just know they are going to have to have at least a 50 meter 'run off' to be able to slow down!

The warm completed we had a short break before we started the session which was 5 laps (4 for me) with a 90 second break x 3. After the first lap CoachHels called out what we would do a marathon in if we stayed at the pace we were doing, mine was 5 hours! If only!  The second lap she called out again, and I was still on for a 5 hour marathon!  Not bad, but after that I wasn't sure.  It gets confusing when there are people overtaking you, and it's difficult to keep an eye on everyone's time.

I think I actually only did 3 laps, but it was enough, the second rep I did three as well, a lot slower than the first rep.  By the third rep I was even slower and could only manage to get in 2 laps, but I made sure that from the warm up to the end of the session I had at least covered 3 miles!

It was a good session, just what I needed, and now to just take it easy before the big day on Sunday!

Geeky stats

These will appear here sometime tomorrow!  my Internet is absolutely awful at the mo!

No comments:

Post a Comment