Sunday 12 March 2017

Sunday Solo

Hello blog lovers.

I haven't been on a solo run for a while and to be truthful when I woke up I was looking forward to it.  I had every intentions of doing my planned 10 miles.  I took myself off to church and then when it was all finished I looked outside and it was raining!  I hate raining!  Well, I dislike raining. I dislike starting off for a run in the rain!  That's what I dislike more!  So now the procrastinating started!  There is always something to do!

First the washing, that of course, is important.....there is some of my running gear in there, and my pink jacket that I will need for too. Which means that I will have to wait until my jacket had dried.  Then there was other stuff to do. General tidying up! It was hard getting the motivation.  The Old Boy came back from work, so of course I had more procrastinating to do. I mention to the Old Boy that I was going to go for a run and he suggested I go soon! But I still had stuff to do, the rain was still coming down and the Old Boy had started to cook dinner! Why didn't I just go straight out of the door, in the rain, when I got home from church!? I think in the end even my hubby (the Old Boy) was saying "just don't go then!"  I couldn't have that I needed to do something, even if was only 5 miles!  I knew exactly where that would take me! I think the Old boy just said do 3 miles!  He had started tracking me using the app on the Iphones!  Then he could judge dinner!

I eventually got my head together and go out of the door!  I started running towards Farringdon Avenue.  The first thing I noticed was that it had stopped raining!  Well that was a bonus!  I had my ipod plugged into my ears and was just enjoying being out.  I was running pretty well, I felt as if I was running faster than usually do.  I didn't check on my Garmin until I turned on to Oxhawth!  Can you imagine what I said when I saw that I hadn't turned it on!?  Anyway, I guessed that I had only done about half a mile so not too much damage. I switched it on and then tried to get back into the groove again.

I was glad that I was still running pretty fast, and I felt good.  I know he said 3 miles, but I really need to push it a little further, considering that I should have done 10 today.  I will run to the park, if I keep this pace going it should be faster than normal!  That's what I was thinking anyway!  So my route will take me through Norman Park, 1 lap and then back the same way!  That will be about 5 miles!  The Old Boy will be busy tracking me, and can adjust the cooking as needed!  He's clever like that!

I checked my Garmin after a while and I was running faster!  I was feeling pretty smug actually, and I didn't want to stop running either.  But of course I did, crossing roads always gets you out of your sync. It was from this point that I lost it, I lost my rhythm and stupid little walks kept happening!  I knew I would blow up after starting out too fast!  Anyway, I will just keep on going now, trying to do some faster running with the walking bits in between!  At least I can try and do some quality running while I do run!

I was a bit annoyed with myself, I should know that I need to build up slowly first, get some distance done at a steady pace, my usual pace!  The park was good, there were not too many runners about this time of the day, maybe they all had races in the morning or maybe they were braver than me and went out into the rain earlier!

I eventually got home, a bit annoyed with myself but pleased at least I went out for a run.  My Garmin says 4.78 miles but with the extra .53 of a mile that makes it just over 5 miles 5.31 to be precise! Not bad for a procrastinating, not feeling it, rainy day!  Must do better!

Geeky stats.





No comments:

Post a Comment