Monday 20 March 2017

Thursday Morning After The Night Before!

Hello blog lovers.

So, my blog for last Saturday done, and this is for last Thursday!  Then I should be caught up with my blogging!

Thursday, hmmm. So it was chilly? Or maybe not,  I think I had decided not to put on a jacket and just run in short sleeves.  I do remember that I was feeling blimmin rough!  It was te morning after the night before our PWR Curry night out!  We at PWR do love a social, we are a social bunch, friendly, we have great times together doing 'normal' things as well as the daft things like running!  Our club secretary arranged for the local Curry house, the Raj Doot, to be emptied of the usual 'walk-ins' the 'bookers' and the end of the night 'gis-a-curry' regulars.  We had a fabulous night, here, look at the pictures!  Just a fabulous night!





But I over indulged! Seriously over indulged!  How I made it to running was a miracle!  But it taught me something!  No drinking on a school night!  I have also decided to have a two drink limit!  I don't think I need much more than that to have a good time!  Yes, lager is just totally enjoyable, but going over board is not much fun!  I planned short route, but it needed to be a bit of a challenge because it was a short route!  The girls had come up with the idea that it was 'punishment run' because I over indulged.  I don't know, maybe it was!  It involved hills! Steep hills too! The ones that we usually run down, we ran up them instead!  I was hoping that it would all clear my head and start to make me feel good!  Well, Thursday morning run wasn't like that! Not last week, usually I feel tons better, even when I don't think I need to feel better!

Our route was through Dog Poo ally and then turning left to run along to the walking bridges.  The first thing I noticed was how much easier it was to run through the woods!  The huge wet soggy puddles were drying up nicely.  It was easier to keep running and to skip and dodge around the bigger puddles, they were still there, but they were more soft mud now rather than wet muddy puddles!

When we were running down towards the stream and I said to the girls, J.J., K, Tracy and PinkladyJo, that we would be turning left.  It was then that K realised where we were heading!  I kind of just smiled at them, "The Old Girls Punishment Run" they said!  I don't suppose the remembered about the other undulations after Goss Hill!  But the best thing about this route, because I was going the shorter way, we will be running down the middle path of the woods!  It's just totally all the way down, no flat bit!  Perfect!  I was hoping that after we had done that they would forget the rest of the route and forgive me!

It was a great run, and I know we came up with a new name for Goss hill, but I just can't remember what it was!  I shall have to try and get the girls to tell me, if they remember it!

So Geeky stats for that run is below as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment