Wednesday 26 April 2017

Beginners Week 7

Hello blog lovers!

I can't tell you how many blogs I am behind! Seriously.  But I wanted to get this one out first.  Keeping people motivated and encouraged to keep going is what I am hoping my blogs do!  Or.......just light reading to help people fall asleep before bedtime!

It's great to see just how many have made it to the final couple of weeks left our our Spring Beginners course. I so love doing this course, twice a year we do it!  Which to me is just perfect.  It gives a nice chance for our beginners to join in our club and make themselves at home, sort out which group they will be comfortable in before we bring in more newbies.  It would be wonderful if they all joined us!

Last Saturday we were running for 10 minutes with 2 mins walking, three times.  But not only that but we went out onto the streets to show off exactly how we are doing!  There is this 'cheeky' little hill just opposite the entrance to the rec, yup, you've guessed it, we run up here first! Well, when I say first it is after we have done all the brisk walk, the warm ups as well as a running lap around the rec first.  Then we just slot in our PWR volunteers to accompany our wonderful group of runners.  Because that is what they are!

I can't wait for graduation day, but we still have one more week to get them all ready, we will be getting them to run only two reps next week! Fourteen minutes each time, I don't think they know that just yet! Well if they read this they might do!  But it is totally doable! If you can run for 10 minutes you can run for 12, and if you know you can do that, just adding another 2 minutes on there doesn't seem a lot!  Seeing everyone last Saturday, I know they are all capable of doing it!

Right, Geeky stats for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment