Saturday 20 May 2017

Parkrun!

Hello blog lovers

Well I got up this morning, which was good!  I really wasn't feeling it!  But I thought to myself that if I get there at least, I know I will force myself around!  It just wont be a PB chasing parkrun, that's for sure.  Well, we had a bit of a celebration yesterday, me and J.J. and Kirsty, and of course, Friday night is date night, so I continued when I got home and went out with the Old Boy.....and my sister in law!

So, big excuses laid out before you!  And so I left the house, I walked all the way over to NaggyNeighbours house to see if she was coming and then we both walked all the way to Shalini's house, but she wasn't coming!  Then it was time to get in the car to go and get Tracy!  Tracy wasn't coming either......I had forgotten that she was away!

At the park I parked my car and me and NaggyNeighbour started our walk all the way to othe other end of the park.  I have done a parkrun already just collecting (or not collecting) parkrunners!  I'm exhausted! (hmmm, I don't think I can get away with using that for an excuse really) So we wandered over to the start and met up with our pals!  We stayed at the back, and we also got told off!  We were chatting while the race director was talking! Sorry about that!

And then we were off.  I started my Garmin and then just started running.  As usual I found it hard! It don't ever get easier!  That's something I don't share with the beginners, not while I am standing out in the front introducing myself!  I feel it's probably not the sort of thing that you can share when lots of eager eyes are looking at you, hoping to get them running through a 5k!  Yup, it's tough, especially when you had celebrations the night before, just as well I didn't have our usual curry either! I remembered to drink some water before I left, I was hoping that would be enough to re hydrate myself, the sun was shining, it's going to be a warm run! Nope, it's never easy! Running is fun, honest, the buzz you get after every run, whether it's a 1 mile or 68 mile ultra, is just so amazing, and you just want to continue to feel like that always! There are times when I am running, and I am having a great time, chatting to everyone, laughing, smiling.  And there are times when I just want to stop, but I have never done that, so far.  After running now for some 9 years I have never not finished a race!  I feel quite proud of that! But it still don't make it any easier, oh why doesn't it get easier!

I have been looking back at my blogs, from when I first started writing them, and the theme all the way through is that it's not easy, but I continued.  That is what I did today, I continued, I didn't quit, I couldn't quit!  It's just not in me to quit. Anyway, I started running with Claudia, one of our graduates who has now become a PWR along with her hubby!  She wasn't going to do parkrun today, she was only going to do a couple of miles!  But I think she is getting that feeling, that little niggling voice that starts ever so quietly in your head, "Just go along and do parkrun, if you going out for 2 just do the extra and do 3"

We ran the first lap together chatting away like you do, and then on the second lap she was talking about the 'slope' that we had to run over.  I couldn't even think about what this slope was talking about, but I said that we were on our second lap and we were just running towards the river, where we take a right turn to run across the grass, then just as we were nearing the right turn she said "Oh this is it, I couldn't remember if we did this on the first lap"  And that is why it's good to run with buddies, because chatting away to them, you just don't know how far you have come!

I started have leg issues when we got to the other end of the park, I can't explain what it was, just little shooting pains in my upper quad and just below my knew, little spasms of achyness that kept almost made my knew fall from underneath me.  Nothing serious, but enough to make me walk a bit more, especially after it gave way a couple of times!  Claudia started to pull away and seemed like she was on a mission.  J.J. and LittleJ caught me up and I was chatting to them as we ran along, but again the silly leg was hurting!  I can only think it's a trapped nerve, it's what LittleJ said if may be!  I know I have had a bad back a while ago, maybe that has something to do with it! So I just took it nice and easy, running behind the ladies.  We were just getting near to the finish funnel and J.J. and LittleJ said "Go on then, sprint it" To be honest, I didn't think I could, just like when Stephen said to me "sprint finish"  But it was there, just under the surface!  So I did sprint it, not full out, but just enough to show that I can still run just that little bit faster when I want to!

Geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment