Monday 12 June 2017

Saturday Parkrun

Hello blog lovers

I know it's not Saturday, but I have been a bit busy, kind of, since Saturday and I am now only just getting around to it.  But Saturday was kind of nice.  It was a warm morning, NaggyNeighbour knocked on my door to go running.  I was just about ready, even though the Old Boy was offering me tea!  I refused, it was far too late for tea!

I went over to Shalini's to see if she was coming, but she couldn't make it and then we drove over to pick up Tracy, she was already outside waiting, eager or what!  We drove over to Norman Park, our local parkrun.  We walked over to the other side of the park to the waiting mass and there in at the back of the pack with J.J. LittleJ and Kay was......Wendimoo!  I think we will have to christened her Boomerang Wendimoo!  She keeps coming back!  I do so miss our Wendimoo!  We all chatted and hugged, Michael and Carole came and joined in the big hug-a-thon, and then it was time to start.

The crowds moved forward and then we started running.  Wendimoo thought that she would run off and do fast one, we saw the back of her monkey feet for all of three minutes and then she came back, "Stuff it" she said, "I'm running with my mates" and she dropped back to run with us.  I was chatting with her as we ran along, asking her all about her new job, her voice over jobs!  I was keeping up with her as we were pulling away from J.J. and LittleJ.  She was chatting all the way, oh I have missed that!  When we used to run together on a Wednesday afternoon, her chattering helped Tracy and me get all the way around the park!  It just took your mind off the legs as and just kept you glued to what she was saying!  I am going to have to get a pod cast of her chatting!  Yup, that would do it!  A whole 5k's worth of Wendimoo chatting would do it!

Anyway, the first mile done at a slightly faster pace than I normally do and then I started to flag a bit.  Wendimoo kept going, she was enjoying the new path around the woody bit at Hook Farm lane end of the park! I slowed down and J.J. and LittleJ caught up with me, and then after that I was playing catchup with them as I fell behind them.

The next lap that is how it was, the three of us just running and talking, me kept on playing catch up of course. We were just before got play park end, where we started, and I saw that Wendimoo had ran back to join us in the last couple hundred meters (I am no good and guessing how far it is from the park to the finish funnel, but that far anyway!)  I was really suffering, I started walking and saying to the girls, "go on you go I will see you at the end"  But there were not having that, "Come on, we are nearly there, you can do it"  So I ran a bit more, they started to pull away tho as they saw the funnel, either that or I started to go even slower (it was a very warm morning!) but then I found 'that bit extra' that I always tell everyone about. 'That bit extra' that can push you to run that bit faster, to sprint, to keep on going, to take you to the finish, when you're dead on your feet!  Ok, so I wasn't quite dead on my feet, that would have been when I was doing marathon.......did I ever tell you I have done the marathon....twice?

Oh, and one more thing!  I blimmin ached!  Speed and corse sessions are working.....well, maybe just the core for the minute......oh my goodness!  There could be some abs hiding in my body afterall!

Anyway, I finished it, the parkrun, not the marathon......actually I finished the marathon too, twice, but well, you know what I mean....so parkrun done, a slow time, I missed out on the cake that Hannah had brought along to celebrate her 50th but that was ok, because me, NaggyNeighbour, Wendimoo, J.J., LittleJ, Tracy and K all went for a lovely coffee afterwards.  A most pleasant Saturday morning!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment