Wednesday 28 June 2017

Solo run

Hello blog lovers.

Just a real quick blog, as it's very late!

I managed to drag my sorry ass out for a solo run this afternoon!  I needed to do it, it's been way to long since I've done a solo run.  The weather was a lot better than yesterday, I think even slight drizzle would have been a lot better than the monsoon we had yesterday that's for sure!

My shoes were still soaking wet, I used my other shoes to run in, if I am doing this I have at least to be comfortable!  I wanted to take my music with me but it needed charging.  This really was going to be a hard slog.  After procrastinating for what seemed like ages I left the house.......to be greeted by Chocolate, she spotted me as she was coming back with the dog walker and came bounding over to me.  Of course I had to go and say hello!

I decided to just do one of my old routes, Turpington Lane and back.  I started off pretty slow, but that was my plan, a quick plan that I thought off as I turned to run along Farringdon Avenue.  My plan for my solo run was to run a nice warm up mile, non stop, no matter what my brain says.  Then just see how much running I could do before I needed to look for lamppost to count.

Once I was on to counting lamppost I made sure that I did some faster running, then a walk, then more faster running!  Interval training for the rest of the way until I got to Farringdon again.  I was blimmin knackered, but from there, of course, it's the road where I dare not rest!  No walking along this bit, not until I got outside my house.  Only about half a mile, not much.  So a nice steady plod back!  This time I did remember to do my Garmin!

Geeky stats! (by the way, how's that for a short blog?)

No comments:

Post a Comment