Thursday 3 August 2017

Double Day! Yay!

Hello blog lovers.

Yes, I have managed a double day Thursday!  This morning it was only me and Tracy, she really does not like to have all my attention on her.  I don't know why!  But there you have, just me and Tracy in the slower group, Helen and David in the middle group and Nickie, Ralf, Gary and and another chap in the faster group!  You can tell it's holiday season, can't you?!

It had been raining all day yesterday and I really didn't want to go through the woods, it will have some very muddy puddles which will slow us down, I really wanted, nay, needed a good run so my choice of route this morning was the cinder path, it's all nice and flat, it's all tarmac and it does have the bit through the woods, best of both worlds.

We all set out together, fast group going out through Towncourt Crescent entrance, middle group and me and Tracy out of the other entrance, but we turned  right to run along to Tudor way, so that we can run through the woods on the cinder path.  Tracy was behind me, I was really trying to get her to pick up her pace a bit.  I kept stopping, looking back and then running again.  No let off.  I know that she can run parkrun without stopping, she has done it several times, this route that we were doing is the same distance.  Psychologically it feels different, but she can do it.  I wish I could do it really, at the pace that I run, but I always walk some of it!  If NaggyNeibour was next to me she would nag me until I started running again!  I am just passing on that 'love' to Tracy.

We got to the very end of the path, with me making sure she was behind me all the time, turning to check, even running back sometimes to make sure, and we took a bit of a rest. Then it was all the way back again, a straight out and back, following the exact and I mean the EXACT route that we took to get there! In fact its the EXACT route that  take all the time when I lead group 1 along this path! I kept the same sort of pace going back, looking back to make sure Tracy was behind me, I mean, it's not as if she can go any other way, we came this way, just a few minutes back right!

Anyway, I ran and I came out of the pathway and waited on Shepperton road for her to emerge around the corner along the path.  I waited, I waited before and she came in sight, but this time I waited, and waited some more.  surely I hadn't ran that fast in front!  I waited.  I thought may I should go and see, and then I realised something.  "I bet she turned right instead of bared left!"  Why she would have done that  I don't know, because Tracy has been up this way so many times before. But When I looked up Shepperton to the main road Tracy came around the corner!  She had indeed ran on the wrong path!  Of course I can say that it was Tracy getting lost, but, as the leader, I should have been there at the particular (although we have never ran along that particular path before) point to wait for her again. So, a bad mark against me!  Tracy thought it was funny, but she said she kept running all the way to Crofton road, which is good!

We continued our running all the way to rec, I was in front, and as I crossed over Petts Wood Road I made a point of letting her know that we should be running up Crossways!

So, geeky stats for our morning run.


Thursday Evening Session

So its the last session of the year for our Thursday evening sessions, well, the ones that DiscoRich and IllustriousLeader will be taking the lead.  From next week it's going to be all of the rest of us doing the leading until it becomes too dark, then its back to track!

DiscoRich had some fun and games for us to do.  So the warm up laps done, the drills done and then it was on to our first running section.  A fast lap with a baton to hand to our team mates.  DiscoRich had us all in teams, there were five teams of three, and not three teams of five! Don't ask, it started to get quite confusing!  The teams were all mixed up because there was a team cup involved!  each team had group 1 or twos, going up to the faster runners, so it makes for a nice even race.  I had a couple of quite fast runners in my group, so it could be quite interesting.

So the first members of each team ran around.  Not to the half way point but the whole way round, as fast as we dared!  Stephen was our fist member, he is really speedy, well he is married to ZippySherry and he had his two speedy daughters at the session too!  Then it was another young lady, and I have forgotten her name, she was pretty fast, so we had quite a good gap between us and the rest of the teams, but of course, the two mini zippys were in the field racing again each other, and also gaining on my team mate!  So when I started my lap the gap was a bit closer!  I knew I had to try and get some distance between me and the others, and I tried I really did.  but I soon heard the faster runners coming along.  Simon was steaming up behind me, and then he passed me!  DiscoRich then came up behind me.  He said he was going to run in with me, but seeing Simon pulling away, the competitiveness got hold of me and he chased him down.

It was close, but my team didn't win!  Then we had the core training bit.  Some planking, lunges, you know the usual stuff! Then it was the fun bit, an egg and spoon race!  We stayed in our teams that we were in for the fast paced lap.  There were all sorts of tactics to getting up the course with the egg still on the spoon!  This is where Tracy came into her own!  We all thought Auriol was a dab hand at the old egg and spoon race, but Tracy, well!  She flew up that course and back down again!  Twice! And that one her team the egg and spoon race!  There was this cup that DiscoRich had bought along for the winning team of todays racing.  And as Tracy did so well at the 'relay' eggy sort of race well, she got the cup!

After that we had our par luffs, still in the same teams and we did the relays for about 6-7 minutes! before having our cool down stretches!

A great fun end to 2017 'official' core sessions.  And to top it all, both me and Tracy actually managed to get on our bikes to get there, an extra bit of  exercises!

Geekys stats

No comments:

Post a Comment