Thursday 10 August 2017

Thursdays Double Up

Hello blog lovers.

Today I managed to do double exercise again.  A nice run in the woods with Tracy and I did the core and speed session.  So lets talk about the first run, that was this morning.  It's holiday time and there are less of us on a Thursday morning.  In my group it is only me and Tracy.  I decided on a shorter route through the woods as I need to be back in time, so it was up the right side of the woods to the road, all the way along to the top of the woods, and along the top to Botany Bay Lane and down again.  Anyway I'm telling you the plot!

We ran all the up, Tracy almost made it up to the top of it, and then we continued to run all the way along the side of the road.  When you are in the woods you it does look all the same, and if you are not sure of the woods it could look all the same.  Tracy couldn't get where were were, she popped her head out of the woods just by the road, and I explained exactly where we are.  It soon all be clear to here where we were.  We Got to Botany Bay Lane and then ran down it, there was no going around to Goss hill today, we had the luxury of running along the whole length of it, passing by the lovely house that is there.  It seems as if there is someone living there now!

Because of the rainfall yesterday, and there was a lot of it,  I thought maybe we should go up over the bridges and out to Little Thrift.  There were a few puddles the way we had already been, so I just knew that at the bottom of the woods there will be a few quiet sticky puddles.

So up and over we went, two bridges and then out on to the road to finish our run to the rec.  A lovey run, a nice little gentle run.

So geeky stats for that one is just below.




Thursday Evening Core and Speed Training.

Well, DiscoRich and IllustriousLeader were not here, and really, this time Thursday Evenings are usually lead by us minions leading each other.  So this week we had a fabulous leader, a beautiful, fair and thoughtful leader.  Ok, so I lied, it was me!  I was the first of the minions to lead the more informal groups, but that doesn't mean that I was going to be too easy, but I was also going to keep it fun.

The first thing to do of course is the warm up laps and the drills.  Then it was on to the fun bits. a bit of fun speedy type session.  I call it magpie, I am sure others will have a name for it.  The idea is to have groups, I think I should have gone with 3 groups, but I did two groups as it was  nice even number which included me playing along too.  I put a pile of cones in the middle of two batons about 20 or 30 paces apart of the cones.  each team member took it in turns to run to the middle of the pile take  cone and then come back to their team mates.  As soon as each team had two cones each then the opposition could 'steal' two cones from them, but then not to keep them but to put them back into the middle of the pile.  It's a game of speed and tactics!  Great fun.

Then we had our core session. Star jumps/cycling/lunges/push ups/ squats and then 30 second plank! In that order too!  It was a case of up, down, up down, with about 10 seconds between each discipline!

Of course it wouldn't be the same if we didn't have our par luffs to finish off!  I had fun, and I think everyone else had fun, the midges seem to enjoy us too, where's the antihistamine!?




No comments:

Post a Comment