Thursday 7 September 2017

Double Leading Today!

Hello blog lovers

I led two sessions today and thoroughly enjoyed it too!  My usual Thursday morning run through the beautiful woods and the final Thursday evening speed and core sessions in rec for 2017!

Thursday Morning

I really enjoyed running through the woods this morning, we all met up at the rec, there were quite a few of us as well.  Now the kids are all back at school, some of the mums are back to their Thursday morning running. There were four of us in my group, me Tracy, Paula and Wanda. The weather was just perfect, not too cold, not too hot and no rain either.  The woods were dry as well we could get some good running done in there, with fresh air, the trees, plants and to help keep us focused, relaxed and feeling good!  When all you have to worry about is all those adorable cute fur babies that just want to come up and give you some love when you have a little walking break, then you know that you are in the right place!  

I really am feeling like I am on a winning streak at the moment with the whole diet......no healthier life style and exercise regime at the moment.  It's great when I have some thing really exciting to work towards, my daughters wedding!  And considering she hasn't given us much notice I really am working flat out!  So much so that there are hills in todays run, of course there is, but this time we are going up Goss hill, it's my nemesis, I blimmin hate this hill, but I know that it should be getting me stronger, mentally and physically!  One day, I will run up it again non stop, I keep saying it, hoping that just writing those words will help me!

I was really working hard, either that or I was having a 'power surge' while I was running as well, the sweat was pouring down my face, and I had forgotten my hat too!  My hat helps me to see, it stops the sweat from going into my eyes!  By the time we got to the top of the woods, by the middle path I was feeling brilliant, I turned around to look behind and wait for Tracy.  She came up from the path, I could feel the daggers out again as she gave me 'one of those looks!'  But I know that as soon as it's all done she will feel just as fabulous as I was at the moment, and we still hadn't finished our run.  I took them along to the path that runs parallel to Orpington Road and the turned right.  

We got to as far as the woodsman's house and I looked down the Rhododendron path, that is where we are going to run today.  If it's shorter it doesn't matter, it's such a lovely path even without the plants being in full bloom!  Its all down hill so you can get a nice little pace going, with just a cheeky little kick up when we get to the bottom of the path.  Back down along the middle path all the way to Dog Poo ally and our run was done.  Three miles, or just over, about 5k we did, which is perfect for us on a Thursday morning, here's a geeky stats!

Thursday Evening

This is our last evening session of 2017 in the rec.  It's back to the track for me next week.  Try and build up my speed and stamina under the watchful eye of CoachPysioMike! And all the other people that go to Thursday track sessions, they really a great people who turn up there and encourage me all the way!

I was leading today, and I had a couple of speed sessions in mind to do, plus our usual par luffs at the end.  I just hoped I could fit it all in within the hour!  I picked up Tracy and we went off to the rec.  There were 10 of us this evening, an nice easy number, and I could join in the fun too.  I had my 'magpie' game in mind, but to get even more running, and knees bending and stretching I put us all in twos.  The fastest runner pairs up with the slowest runner, and that way I think it should all be more or less equal! There were 5 little teams, we were to work in a 'tag' style running to pile of cones in the middle and grabbing hold of cone and bringing it back to our own 'nests'.  But as soon as the other teams got managed to get three cones then their nest were up for grabs and we could steel from them and put the cones back into the middle.

It was a great game, a game of speed and tactics too.  Micheal and Tracy seemed to have had a great tactic, not stealing just collecting!  Then I did a quick pyramid running session, very short, very quick and in fairly equal teams.  Just the once, run to no.1 cone, run back to your mate hand over baton, they run to no.1 cone.  Then everyone runs to no.2 cone, then back to no.1 cone!   Short, fast, done!

Then another quick drink and back into our core exercises, plenty of lunges, squats held with back on the wall, planks, push ups, you know, the usual!  We had time for just one round each of the green of a par luffs to finish with some cool down stretches. 

And that's that for Summer Core and Speed 2017.  We had some brilliant leaders, some fun games, and always a ton of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment