Monday 11 September 2017

So Many Blogs, So Little Space!

Hello Blog lovers.

Ok, so I have got about three runs to write about, but I will just kind of blend them all into one, and at the end I shall I add just one lot of geeky stats, todays one in fact and if you want to see anymore then I think you can kind of use a scroll button or something! As for the little space, well, there's tons of space really, but I don't want to be writing all night!

Anyway, this running malarkey, I am really getting back into it, wanting to beat my times, wanting to run further without stopping and stuff.  I am trying all sorts of ways to keep myself motivated, to try and get me beyond the usual places I tend to stop at! At park run on Saturday, I was not really feeling it, but I got up anyway, because this spare tyre around my middle is not going to be disappearing all by itself now.

I was running by myself for almost all of the 5k, with only at the beginning running with my pals.  I was definitely quicker that the week before, which I was pleased with, but I have also noticed I've been 'nagging' myself more, "Go on, keep going" I was thinking and adding a slap on my thigh! And when I didn't keep going it was "Oh for goodness sake, run woman!" I do believe though, that I didn't actually say anything out loud, I am sure of it!

Anyway, I finished my parkrun, as I said, quicker than last week and I even lead the stretches afterwards.  NaggyNeighbour went early so that she could pick up Debs, who was doing her very first parkrun, working her way from walking to running a 5k!   With Naggyneighbour on her side she will get there!

So Sunday I nearly talked myself out of going for my run.  I had church to go to, then my middle daughter asked me to have 2 of her kids for a couple of hours, so that was my afternoon run put paid to! It was lovely having them though, and we picked up the pooch too, he loves coming to see nanny.  At least I had managed to get some washing done!  But then when the Old Boy came home from work he wanted to go out for ribs!  I had planned a nice dinner, with roast chicken and salad (see I am still on the healthy eating) but that was just not satisfying his tasted buds, so we planned to go out to Texas Jacks.  Now in my mind I was thinking, "Ribs, well, it's way over the calories, might as well not go out for a run just relax until it's time to go out"  That is what 'Lazy, fat me' was thinking, but 'active fit' me was saying, "get your arse out that now, go burn up as many calories as you can before you shove more inside" By this time there was a very fine mist coming down. "Shit, it's pigging raining" I thought to myself.  I thought about what is happening next month and dragged my backside upstairs to get ready for my run!

I got my music in my ears, my Garmin all set and I left the house without another thought about not doing it.  I did my usual run to Turpington and then back around Greenway, Magpie Hall Lane and then back on to Southborough Lane.  I felt pretty good, I was thinking of all the reasons why I was there, right there, at that precise moment, why I was running!  Obviously my mum was the first thought that came to mind, and then thoughts of how overweight, inactive, smoking, drinking and eating machine I was back then.  I really don't want to be like that again.  I have working too blimmin hard to get to just be where I am now!  Which is still to heavy, and way off my pb for a parkrun!  Again I beat myself up a bit, and I really felt I needed to be beat up then, "Get a bloody move on Old Girl, because you know what you're like, you will fall back to your old ways!"  I ran/walked the rest of the way home, in the now pouring rain, I flipping hate running in the rain! Yup, I still can't flippin run 5k at my pace, all the way! I got back and 'flumpfed' out of my wet clothes and I felt good because I went out when all I really wanted to do was eat ribs!  By the way, Texas Jacks was closing down for a few days, and we missed the dead line by 2 hours for eating ribs!  We had to go down a couple of doors to Assos, a Mediterranean restaurant, I had a nice healthy dinner instead, Kofte with salad and rice!  Still no beer either!

Today (it's Monday now, by the way) I was nearly put off going out by the weather.  It came down so very hard around 5 ish this evening.  I thought maybe that was it for the evening.  "Don't even think about not going out for a run" were the thoughts running through my head.  Running in the rain is not my fav thing, but I can do it, I did it yesterday and plenty of other times too. I got myself ready and out of the door, I was pleased to see that there was no more rain!  I set of for the usual three miles, up to Turpington and back.  This time I was going to use my music to keep me going.  I will run the first mile, I can usually do that no matter what run or race I am doing, and then if I want to walk then I will start walking only when there is a 'fade out' on the tunes that I was listening to and walk only for as long as the fade out lasts and the words for the next song starts!  It was a good system I thought, and I really tried to keep to that.  When I was beyond the 'turning back' stage and on the way home I was getting a bit tired.

But some of those tunes just got to me.  One in particular "If I could bottle up time" or something like that and again I just thought of my mum, if I could bottle up time then I know she would be in every single bottle!  Of course that brought me to tears!  I was really chocking up.  Sometimes you think you are ok with missing your loved ones, and then other times it just still so bloody raw!  I got through the rest of the run, still trying to run to the music.  Sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't, and at one point nearly chucked chunks!  I got to the 'Road I dare not walk' and just ignored the fade outs and the words and just ran.  I finished my run.....and I felt good!

Geeky stats for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment